Prophetic maybe?

"Morphine"

from the 1997 remix album Blood on the Dance Floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF8k56DXYXE

Comment

Re: Michael Jackson - RIP

Originally posted by mel View Post
      For me Michael Jackson's best song ever was 1983's "Billie Jean."

And yes the music video of "Billie Jean" was the one the broke the barrier for black artists on MTV when they used to play music vids.

Yes, I am gonna get sentimental when I hear MJ cuz he happens to be listed a couple of times on my iPod....

Every MJ to me is a hit but I lean towards his upbeat tracks like....

"Smooth Criminal" Remix
      SWV's "Right Here" (The Human Nature Mix)
      Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me"
      and who would have known that MJ also wrote "Muscles" for Diana Ross (interesting)
      Last edited by DannyWilliams; June 26, 2009, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Another perspective: http://is.gd/1ex6Q

Comment

First, I am very saddened by Michael Jackson's passing. He was one of the most tremendous talents of the last 50 years. As of this morning, police are trying to contact and talk with a doctor said to have been with Jackson when he was stricken. It is being speculated that his death may have been brought on by prescription drugs. Wasn't this what also killed another massive super talent, Elvis Presley? It for sure did in Paris Hilton. Evidently vast wealth can attract all sorts of unscrupluous types. Seemingly that includes doctors willing to write prescriptions regardless of the patient's well being.

As to the accusations against Jackson, he was acquitted. The prosecutor threw everything he had at him but the jury cleared him. Juries are charged with finding the facts, the issue is settled.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            [...] It for sure did in Paris Hilton. [...]

Might you have meant Anna Nicole Smith?

Comment

Lisa Marie Presley blogs about her former husband's death...

Comment

You are correct, my ooooops. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  Evidently vast wealth can attract all sorts of unscrupluous types.
                  It can. But in most cases, vast wealth can make its owner his own worst enemy. Being able to have enough $$$$ to act upon your craziest, wildest impulses can be a very dangerous thing. Many a popular entertainer has done himself in with excessive boozing, drugs, and sex. In the case of Michael Jackson, it was acting upon:

1) a desire to change his face on a whim. The result was more than a dozen surgical operations that left numerous scars, altered skin tone, a damaged nose, and totally unrecognizable from 30 years ago.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Jackson.html

2) a desire to live out a childhood he never had...... at the age of 30! Building the Neverland Ranch with the zoo and amusement park,.... not something that could have been done if he didn't have the money to burn at the time. But just having those static relics of childhood weren't enough. He wanted his Neverland fantasy world to be brought to life and to be populated with young boys...... and that is where his legal and financial troubles began.

I say all this,.... not as self-righteous condemnation of MJ. But as a cautionary tale. Lots of "normal" people also have desires to change the way they look or to be nostalgic about their childhood. But because most normal folks didn't have the millions in income that MJ had, those wishes remained as idle thoughts and daydreams for the most part. Or if a few had the opportunity, they could fulfill those *some* of those fantasies on a small and limited scale. But when you're a megastar like MJ and you have the wealth and means to make your *every* wish and desire come true at a moment's notice,..... THAT can end up being self-destructive.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I too am saddened by his passing. I remember trying to learn how to moonwalk and spent hours in front of the mirror trying to do so. I was a fan starting during the Jackson 5 days and was totally into him during his Off the Wall/Thriller years.

Some of my favorites include: Dirty Diana, Billie Jean, Don't Stop til You Get Enough, PYT, Rock with You, and Smooth Criminal, and Man in the Mirror.

I'll never forget his legendary performance of Billie Jean on Motown at 25! Also, I think the Smooth Criminal video is one of the best when it comes to showcasing his dance moves.

Link to Motown at 25 performance of Billie Jean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

Link to Smooth Criminal video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU

Losing both Farrah and MJ on the same day feels like yet another chunk of my childhood is gone.
                    Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Will Michael Jackson Doom Iran?

Comment

here is an interesting excerpt from a longer piece in the jerusalem times by rabbi schmuley boteach and friend and advisor to michael .

"In many ways his tragedy was to mistake attention for love. I will never forget what he said when we sat down to record 40 hours of conversations where he would finally reveal himself for a book I authored. He turned to me and said these haunting words: "I am going to say something I have never said before and this is the truth. I have no reason to lie to you and God knows I am telling the truth. I think all my success and fame, and I have wanted it, I have wanted it because I wanted to be loved. That's all. That's the real truth. I wanted people to love me, truly love me, because I never really felt loved. I said I know I have an ability. Maybe if I sharpened my craft, maybe people will love me more. I just wanted to be loved because I think it is very important to be loved and to tell people that you love them and to look in their eyes and say it." One cannot read these words without feeling a tremendous sadness for a soul that was so surrounded with hero-worship but remained so utterly alone. Because Michael substituted attention for love he got fans who loved what he did but he never had true compatriots who loved him for who he was. Perhaps this is why, when so many of his inner circle saw him destroying his life with prescription medication - something he used to treat phantom physical illnesses which were really afflictions of the soul - they allowed him to deteriorate and disintegrate rather than throwing the poison in the garbage. "
                        the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by KeleiGrrrl View Post
                          Also, I think the Smooth Criminal video is one of the best when it comes to showcasing his dance moves.
                          I always wondered how he did that lean, and it turns out that he patented the shoes:
                          http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT5255452

I don't think it's going to help his heirs, though:
                          http://www.businessweek.com/print/bw...625_228739.htm
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

As a kid, we had the Jackson Five 45's and some albums. I wasn't a hardcore fan when he went solo, I've never had one MJ album. But I'm kinda surprised at how sad I feel that he's passed.

R I P MJ

Comment

Nords, thanks for that info and link! I'd heard that but didn't know if it was true or not.

As for the settling of his estate, I'm betting it's going to be a nightmare because he was so deep in debt. I'm wondering what's going to happen to the kids. Katherine, MJ's Mother has custody of them for now, but she's 79, so I'm wondering if one of the siblings will step up. There's also speculation that Deborah Rowe (the mother of the two oldest children) might seek custody too, but that would still leave the question of the youngest one, Blanket up in the air. Everything I've read is speculation at this point, but I won't be surprised if a battle for custody ensues.
                              Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Several legal experts have already chimed in, saying that it is likely that if Deborah Rowe wants her 2 children back, then the odds are in her favor unless Jackson's family can prove that custody under their mother would be harmful to the kids.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25702242-2,00.html

It should also be noted that while Rowe is a biological parent of both Prince Michael I and Paris, MJ was not. Rowe was impregnated through a sperm donor.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X