Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Frozen Pizza?

Default Favorite Frozen Pizza?

What is your favorite frozen pizza? I like to keep one in my freezer, for when we come home late and I have no time to cook. I usually have California Pizza, but I've been wondering about the other brands.

Default Re: Favorite Frozen Pizza?

I haven't tried any of the microwave brands yet, perhaps this weekend would be a good time for me to test one or two of them out.

Tombstone! Been eating it since I was a kid on the reservation in WI. It was
    so amazing when they went further and further in distribution to now being national. They used to have these special little ovens that the bars had to use
    to heat them up in. I like either the pepperoni/sausage or supreme. I always
    have one in our freezer. As of yesterday they were $4.99 at Safeway but you can often find them cheaper.

I prefer Freshcetta over Di Giornio, Safeway's store brand frozen ones are really good, at least for my own personal taste. Tonite I will be trying the CPK microwave version. Hope it's good cause I didn't thaw anything out as an alternative.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

i might shock some people with this statement, but my favorite frozen pizza is totino's. it's the only one i'll buy bcs (1) it's cheap (2) i rarely buy frozen pizza and (3) it's comfort food to me (reminds me of the fun part of my poor early college years). i guess saying totino's is my favorite is like me saying mcdonald's has my favorite cheeseburger, which is a quasi-accurate statement in a similar way.

oh, another reason why i like totino's is bcs the crust gets crispy. i much prefer thin crust over pan or whatever else there is.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Di Giorno hands down. Primarily because of the crust.

California Pizza Kitchen is also pretty good, as is Amy's (surprisingly so, since Amy's is also relatively healthy).

Another vote for DiGiorno's. Me, it doesn't really matter, but I tried Freschetta and DH fussed--"this isn't as good..."

I like the Hot Pockets with the Pepperoni Pizza filling.

Red Baron is pretty good, I love the french bread pizza servings even though I have to put all the pepperoni pieces back on the actual thing before I microwave.

Ok - frozen microwave pizza review!

Tried the CPK Scilciian Style: it was a thin crust, which I don't really like, but the toppings were good. Crust came out crispy.

and don't fault me here but the pizzas are really small so I tried a 2nd one.

I really liked the CPK BBQ Chicken pizza - nice crust and good flavor.

I would buy the BBQ chicken again. It was very good. and will try other flavors as they come out.

I have to agree with leashlaws -- Tombstone! I know, it's cheap and thin, and maybe it's just nostalgia, but there are times when a pepperoni Tombstone really hits the spot.

sansei Guest

Red face Re: Favorite Frozen Pizza?

hi,my mom and i like digornio's and sometime's tombstone and they both are very good.I myself like microwave pizza's also,what may anyone's favorite be?

Well thank's for your time

Hi Sansei,

Just around the corner from me is the Pizza Parlour. They prepare frozen P
    izza but will have it hot in minutes while you are chosing your selection of salad and chips(fries to you).
    The guys who run the Pizza Parlour are from Algeria and so I natter away to them in their native French.
    I had the audacity to ask for a Hawiian Pizza at one time but they explained to me that "anybody who eats Pizza with pineapple on it, doesn't deserve to eat Pizza."

They spoil me, owing to the chatting and I always come away with more that I can possibly eat.

Tofutti Pan Crust Pizza Pizzaz is my fav frozen pizza.

I like Totino's. Never got food poisoning from it either. They used to be .99 on the mainland, but haven't bought it in a few years.

Tombstone is good. Tony's is good. Di Giornio's is good. My friend and I used to have "Ghetto Pizza Night" in college with Jeno's. It was .49 in 2003 and had about 30 ingredients in it, all about 8 syllables long, none of which we recognized except for "dehydrated cheese product." So not even real cheese. But mmmmm, they were goooood!

But I never made them in the microwave. They always came out kinda soggy.

Can't think of anything creative this time

It's not too hard to replicate the frozen (or fresh at the restaurant)
    CPK Thai Chicken Pizza. If anyone wants to know let me know we
    make it all the time

I am forced to buy the microwave versions since my oven does not work. so, as I said I'll buy the CPK again but am always open to trying other microwave brands.

The only CPK pizza I tried was Margherita, it was pretty good but I'm not a fan of the thin cripsy crusts at all. I used to like it as a kid but now I just can't do it unless it's Totino's.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I love the french bread pizza servings even though I have to put all the pepperoni pieces back on the actual thing before I microwave.
    I haven't had a frozen pizza in over twenty years, because there are many great pizza places near me - but I do enjoy Stouffer's French Bread pepperoni pizzas (and I have to reassemble it as well, like kupomog; I also doctor it up with garlic powder and other seasonings). I'm also fond of Totino's pepperoni Pizza Rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I'm not a fan of the thin cripsy crusts
    But how are you with bloodsy ones?

Thanks to ya'll and this thread, I had to go buy a Totino's last night. Mmmm. That was the first one I've had in 5 years, and my husband goes, "Why are you eating that crap?"

HT, of course...

Can't think of anything creative this time

Yeah - doesn't matter what the issue is, you can be sure that we're to blame, in some fashion. And proud of it.

Frozen pizza is a guilty pleasure. No need to justify. To each his/her own; just enjoy!

I love Totinos!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Picked up some DiGiorno and California Pizza Kitchen pizzas for one the last couple of days from Wal-Mart. Noticed that both brands are distributed by Krafts Food. The good thing about these brands is that the instructions have a table of times for 3 different power ranges of microwave.

I do have to say for these two brands that I prefer the thin crust version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast