Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ID Avatars

Originally posted by susie View Post
    I really meant the symbolism of the green. I guess I should've been more specific.
    When I said "green avatar," I wasn't speaking symbolically. I was speaking literally. See anapuni808's and Vanguard's avatars for an example, or check just about anyone's Twitterstream.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      I don't feel it's any sillier than people having yellow ribbons to show support for their loved ones overseas.
      I once saw a yellow-ribbon magnet on a car; it said "WE SUPPORT...
      the overseas company that manufactures these magnetic ribbons."

Comment

Originally posted by susie View Post
        I really meant the symbolism of the green. I guess I should've been more specific.
        Susie - green is the color the protestors in Irag are using to represent the candidate Mousavi. If you look at photos or video of the protests you will see them wearing green armbands, head scarves etc. In the first couple of days, some of the players on the Iranian soccer team were wearing green armbands during their matches.

PS: like Leo Lakio, I was also from Iowa. Des Moines to be specific - it's where I was born but haven't been there since leaving in 1961 except for a few days visit in 1967.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          I once saw a yellow-ribbon magnet on a car; it said "WE SUPPORT...
          the overseas company that manufactures these magnetic ribbons."
          I meant REAL yellow ribbons. Those car magnet thingies crack me up.

And, Kaonohi...you totally drank the Kool-Aid!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Personally, I'm glad Frankie's Market changed his avatar from his "alter-ego" Bob Jones to something that cracks me up every time I look at it.

And if you can smash a personal expression of any kind - political, religious, artistic, whatever - into that tiny box, go right ahead. Just remember, sometimes they can be difficult for makule eyes to grasp!

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
              And, Kaonohi...you totally drank the Kool-Aid!
              (GULP!) Whooo!

Hey, I tried to get the letters in, but I couldn't, but since green is the current color of FREEDOM, I'm jumping on board.

Iran, Iraq (who also uses a 7-point star) or any other peoples who want freedom -I support your efforts.

I am against American politicians who seek to erode our Bill of Rights (and they are out there in force, and they are Democrats!), and I am against any political system that seeks to abolish or impede freedom.

We were created to be free. If that's not true, why do we keep striving for freedom when it is denied?

FREE IRAN
              FREE ELECTIONS
              END IMPERIALISM
              FREE THE PEOPLE

And in America: VOTE FREEDOM!
              before it's too late.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

We need to FREE our wallets from the wrath of high taxes imposed by DEMOCRATS on Hawaii's citizens, business and tourists. The nightmare of more taxes must end.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Because this thread is wandering into non-ID Avatar territory, I have moved my response to MEL here. (Just click on the highlighted word here.")

Any wishing to continue that discussion may do so there.

This is in respect for people who get frustrated when a thread evolves into something else....

This one especially for Leo Lakio.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X