Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember these early 90s AT&T commercials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember these early 90s AT&T commercials?

Wow, this is really a trip back for me. In 1993, I was a studious, ambitious young man entering the computer industry. I'd just gotten my first Internet account and the world of computers, networking, telecommunications and the Internet were all so wondrous and exciting to me. During this time, AT&T had a series of commercials that depicted where technology was taking us. At the time, I thought the ads were grossly optimistic and totally unrealistic, but I found them inspiring anyway.

Looking back on them now, it's interesting that they were not optimistic at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZb0avfQme8

Re: Anyone remember these early 90s AT&T commercials?

Wow. Very interesting post, zff. I don't remember the commercials, but that is where technology went. Wonder where we are headed next?

Comment

Tom Selleck did the voiceovers.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
        Looking back on them now, it's interesting that they were not optimistic at all.
        I remember those TV spots. Has it been 16 years already? Sheesh.

'Course, they showed us all the nice things that technology would bring to consumers. But it didn't show us any of the headaches that were in store for us, like spam, online ID theft, early termination fees for wireless, etc.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I remember those! Mostly dead on, though tablet PCs (and the persistence of faxes?) and videophones aren't quite as mainstream as once predicted. If you want to talk about old visions of "the future," I gotta go back to this 1981 news segment on newspapers, dreaming of the day they'd go entirely online.

Comment

Computer technology in Honolulu from 1978.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AXve...e=channel_page

We've come along a long way in 30 yrs. eh?

Comment

Working...
            X