Thread: Obamanomics: Healthcare Reform or Socialized Medicine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Obamanomics: Healthcare Reform or Socialized Medicine?

I've heard confusing things about Obama's healthcare reform strategy. He wanted to model it after the European (or Russian) healthcare system? But are they successful outside of our borders?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Default Re: Obamanomics: Healtcare Reform or European-Modeled Socialized Medicine?

I am happy and healthy, under the care of the NHS!
    Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Default Re: Obamanomics: Healtcare Reform or European-Modeled Socialized Medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by Betsey View Post
    I am happy and healthy, under the care of the NHS!

Couldn't agree more Betsey. The medical insurance I paid in Hawaii was way over the odds. Sure we might have to wait here for hospial treatment if the doctor doesn't consider it very serious, they will just push us pils.

My Respect goes out to the nurses. They stop the doctors from killing us.

I am very happy with my Medicare plan. Why can't this plan be made available to all Americans as an option to private insurance? Or better yet why can't Americans have the same medical plan that congressmen and senators have voted for themselves?

It is time for a national health care option.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

The French system is the absolute best.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    The French system is the absolute best.

Can I come back to live in France. I will sleep in your cupboard

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    I am very happy with my Medicare plan. Why can't this plan be made available to all Americans as an option to private insurance? Or better yet why can't Americans have the same medical plan that congressmen and senators have voted for themselves?
    It is because of the $$$$$. As usual.

Private health care insurers, the AMA, and big pharma has been lining the campaign coffers of lawmakers for years, both Republican and Democratic. Its obvious that the GOP opposes the public option, but they are in the minority now. The biggest obstacle to health care reform is now coming from some key Democrats, believe it or not. First on my list of suspect Democrats is Senate Finance Chair Max Baucus.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/notio...can_believe_in

The Sunlight Foundation recently reported that "five of Baucus' former staffers currently work for a total of twenty-seven different organizations that are either in the health care or insurance sector or have a noted interest in the outcome," including many of the firms--like PhRMA--that are sure to lobby against or work to severely dilute Obama's bill. Moreover, the Billings Gazette found that Baucus raises $1,500 a day from the medical-industrial complex, more than any other Democratic senator.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    It is because of the $$$$$. As usual..
    Actually maybe not. If you factor in how much medical care costs for the uninsured, some argue it would be a cost savings. And the financial cost did not stop other civilized countries from providing public health insurance for their citizens.

My Medicare coverage costs me $96 per month, $1,150 per year. Plus I (and most of us) have paid into Medicare over our working careers. At this point, I don't use $1,150 worth of medical care a year.........and I am happy about that. I'm not complaining!

I would like to make a similar program available to everyone.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow