Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamanomics: Healthcare Reform or Socialized Medicine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obamanomics: Healthcare Reform or European-Modeled Socialized Medicine?

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    TuTu, where's the love for the Green Party?
    Just a brain-fut, matapule. I realized after the edit button disappeared that I'd left out 'green'! So...
    I'm an independent republicrat with some green libertarian leanings!

Comment

Five Dems Help Kill First Public Option Amendment

Comment

The public option was voted down in the Senate Finance committee, but IT IS NOT DEAD! Nothing could be further from the truth.

Every other health care reform bill that is making its way through Congress has a public option. The Senate Health & Education committee has one, and both committees bills will merge. Even if the public option should somehow not get into the merged bill, it could be added via an amendment on the Senate floor.

Five Senate Dems voted against the public option yesterday. The GOP and right wing media want to paint a picture that the measure is all but dead and buried. But I look at the same numbers and see the glass half full instead of empty. I see 55 Senate Dems that are in favor, which may be 5 short of a filibuster proof majority. But that is enough senators to jam a public option through via the reconciliation process.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          TuTu, where's the love for the Green Party?
          Which "Green Party"?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            The public option was voted down in the Senate Finance committee, but IT IS NOT DEAD! Nothing could be further from the truth.
            That's a relief!

Growing Momentum for Public Option

All Hail Tom Harkin! He says he has the votes to pass a public option

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I'm an independent republicrat with some green libertarian leanings!
              Then great!, a true "liberal" (with a small "L") in every sense of the word.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I had a chat with my Senior Advantage Medicare provider representative yesterday (he is NOT a senior but his employer provides a comprehensive and free health program). We talked about the public option and he said, "you know, I think they are rushing to much on this." To which my dear uaifi responded in deadpan, "Yeah they've been working on this since Truman. Sixty years isn't nearly long enough to review this."

Props to the uaifi!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Lieberman in 2006: I can do more for you and your families to get something done to make health care affordable, to get universal health insurance

2009: Key Senators React To Lieberman's Fuzzy Public Option Logic

Comment

If Republicans and pro insurance company Democrats want to fillibuster against health care, by all means let them. What a glorious educational spectacle for the voters. Let the American people see our system at its dismal most selfish petty corrupt worst, consider it an investment. Let them fillibuster!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                      If Republicans and pro insurance company Democrats want to fillibuster against health care, by all means let them. What a glorious educational spectacle for the voters. Let the American people see our system at its dismal most selfish petty corrupt worst, consider it an investment. Let them fillibuster!
                      And two months later, we've seen the democrats roll over.

It looks like a mandate is imminent.

Healthcare Bill: Pay for a Plan or Go to Jail

President Obama v Candidate Obama
                      Last edited by Vanguard; December 24, 2009, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Re: Obamanomics: Healthcare Reform or Socialized Medicine?

Senate Passes Health Care Overhaul Bill
                        WASHINGTON — The Senate voted Thursday to reinvent the nation’s health care system, passing a bill to guarantee access to health insurance for tens of millions of Americans and to rein in health costs as proposed by President Obama.

The 60-to-39 party-line vote, on the 25th straight day of debate on the legislation, brings Democrats a step closer to a goal they have pursued for decades. It clears the way for negotiations with the House, which passed a broadly similar bill last month by a vote of 220 to 215.

If the two chambers can strike a deal, as seems likely, the resulting product would vastly expand the role and responsibilities of the federal government. It would, as lawmakers said repeatedly in the debate, touch the lives of nearly all Americans.

Comment

PBS: Bill Moyers Journal - "Once the White House made this deal with the insurance companies, the public option was never going to be anything more than a fig leaf."

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                            "Once the White House made this deal with the insurance companies, the public option was never going to be anything more than a fig leaf."
                            It is yet to happen, but it will be available in the future.

Comment

Working...
                            X