One more concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One more concert

Probably Nirvana. I know, I know, but I was a teenager in the 90's and it was supposedly the music that "defined my generation" and all that crap (at least according to VH1). So seeing Cobain in concert would be kinda cool.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

#2 choice - Gabby! Lucky I made it to at least a handful of his gigs.
      Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Lennon without the Beatles would be a waste of a fantasy concert. Second choice: Jimi Hendrix. Third: Sex Pistols.
      All the live solo Lennon I've heard clearly sez the opposite and is why I voted for him from the list. The guy had it in spades and didn't need The Beatles to give way more bang than the $ paid, and do so without playing a single Beatles tune.
      Jimi would however be my ultimate choice to see, after blowing every shot I ever had.
      The Sex Pistols? That San Antonio gig would have been fun!

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
      I would like to see Jerry Garcia again. What an amazing show he put on at the Shell.
      I loved seeing Johnny Cash with the Highwaymen.
      I was there for JG too, but the Hilo show was even better.
      That Highwayman show is one that never get's a mention anywhere and was awesome! Bought my ticket the day of the show and always give a sigh of relief that I did while I could, and got a great seat to boot! Remember when Cash did his dueling harmonica bit and then tossed the harps into the laps of two girls in the front row?

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      Probably Nirvana.
      They were really good at Pinks Garage, but the MTV Unplugged DVD is where it's really at.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        #2 choice - Gabby! Lucky I made it to at least a handful of his gigs.
        All the live solo Lennon I've heard clearly sez the opposite and is why I voted for him from the list. The guy had it in spades and didn't need The Beatles to give way more bang than the $ paid, and do so without playing a single Beatles tune.
        Jimi would however be my ultimate choice to see, after blowing every shot I ever had.
        The Sex Pistols? That San Antonio gig would have been fun!

I was there for JG too, but the Hilo show was even better.
        That Highwayman show is one that never get's a mention anywhere and was awesome! Bought my ticket the day of the show and always give a sigh of relief that I did while I could, and got a great seat to boot! Remember when Cash did his dueling harmonica bit and then tossed the harps into the laps of two girls in the front row?

They were really good at Pinks Garage, but the MTV Unplugged DVD is where it's really at.
        Yep lucky girls! That was indeed a most awesome show! I used to have the
        t-shirt but it got those funky rust spots from wherever they come from and then started to fall apart.

I'm sure Hilo was good/better. The neat thing about the show and not the show itself was the dynamics of the group I went with. We went with our 75 year old friend who has sadly left us too early who had never seen or heard of Jerry/Dead and had a great time. We'd go to all the Hawaiian music shows with her and sometimes she'd take us backstage and stuff. We learned a lot about local culture and music hanging out with her. She used to own an amazing Hawaiian art gallery at the corner of Pauahi & Nuuanu which is how I met her by roaming the streets of Chinatown back in the mid 80's. Also another friend and his now wife who didn't/doesn't like us at all but came with him while she was setting her lasso around him I don't think he's ever been to anything similar again! And another friend who had not heard of Jerry/Dead but had a great time as well but was dateless.

Do you remember the ticket line for the show at Blaisdell? It was awesome. We arrived about 6 am or so and there already was a line/group of people.
        The neat thing was there was this short little guy with really long hair and a funky hat going around passing out numbers of your order of arrival. It was the most orderly and fun time I can remember. Everyone was so mellow (surprise?) and when the ticket booth opened everyone just got in the order of their number and things went smoothly. I remember we got really good seats and have so many pictures from that day/night that make me really happy! I also remember the security guards letting people dance in aisles and one saying "oh for goodness sakes, look at them nothing is going to happen they're all so happy!"

Comment

I remember doing the line que all night many times before they did the random number system which took all the fun out and ability to score the best seats.
          I didn't do it for this show and only wised up as the last few hours krept up.
          You need to post those pix you took!

And what is it about white concert Ts that make them crap out so soon?!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
          X