Palin Stepping Down As Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin Stepping Down As Governor

Wow. Wonder what's up? It's odd that it's mid-term and she says she's not running for election again.

Re: Palin Stepping Down As Governor

I'm betting she is readying to go after another office.

Comment

What does this have to do with Hawaii?
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm sure Ryan would be willing to move it to the "American Asylum" section, if we ask him to do so - which I will now do.

Comment

Leo Lakio: Thanks!

cyleet99: But it's mid-term. There is no immediately pending election that would cause her to have to resign right now that I know of and if she were going to run for another office, wouldn't she just say that she's preparing for running for another office?

Comment

What other office would she run for in Alaska? Unless of course she is going to run for some other office in another state which means leaving now and wait for the resident status to kick in by the time 2010 rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              ... and if she were going to run for another office, wouldn't she just say that she's preparing for running for another office?
              Maybe she wants to give her fundraisers the impression that this time she's serious.

Or maybe Tina Fey has offered to give Gov Palin half of all royalties derived from her impersonations...
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

And this is a pitbull with lipstick? More like a chihuahua in high heels.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Don't mess with David Letterman. He sent Paul Shaffer to do some strong armed tatics to get her to resign.

Comment

Am I the only person here who thinks that there's more to this Sarah Palin resignation story than meets the eye? South Carolina gov. Mark Sanford initially told his staff that he was hiking the Appalachian trail to explain his sudden disappearance. As we all know, the real story was a whole lot more scandalous and bizarre. I have the strong feeling that the other shoe has yet to drop which will give the actual reason why Palin is stepping down mid-term.

I don't know what kind of future lies in store for Palin. Maybe she'll be a media star via a talk or reality show. Who knows? But after her rambling and nonsensical resignation speech, I'll say it right here and now. Her career in elective politics is all but over. If she wanted to raise her national profile by campaigning and making appearances in the lower 48, she needed to at least finish out her 4 year term as governor. But leaving after only 2.5 years in office? That is sure to be a criticism that Palin will receive from potential GOP rivals like Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, and Tim Pawlenty, all of whom served out full terms as governor.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Her career in elective politics is all but over.
                      Sooooo ... no Palin / Bachmann 2012?

That would have been fun to watch ...

Comment

Already cartooned:

http://www.honoluluagonizer.com/

Now, let's see her produce a birth certificate.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                          Sooooo ... no Palin / Bachmann 2012?

That would have been fun to watch ...
                          Vanguard, you get whack whacks But there is more truth than poetry in what you say!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It could be health. I hope not. She could be dodging some scandal, financial or sexual. She might have some more dirty family laundry she'd rather not get aired. Its hard to imagine her as a serious candidate for anything after quitting midterm.

Comment

There is speculation that it may be the result of an embezzlement/IRS scandal and the scandal about awarding contracts to a company that purportedly built her home for free. But it's all speculation at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X