Palin Stepping Down As Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Palin Stepping Down As Governor

The Pollyanna in me hopes it's to devote time to her youngest, special needs child. I know, I know...

Comment

why continue as governor when she can make much more money shilling for faux news. she can say and do whatever she wants (plus faux will edit her rambling) without having any pesky ethics committees investigating any ill-conceived moves she makes.

at least, that's what eric and i guess.

alternately, some scandal of hellish consequence to palin is about to be unearthed, like an old moose carcass formerly buried in solid snow and newly exposed in the alaskan summer.

but yeah-- at this point, former miss cali usa (prejean--dn't recall her first name) has better chance at future public office than palin.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

If an indictment is handed down, then I know what Oliver Stone's next film project will be about.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I can just imagine her stepping down abruptly, midway through a Presidential term.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Palin's speech:

"Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt."
            Does Jason Jones count?

"The math capital of the whole state?!"

Of course, that was last October.

Comment

During her statement her eyes blinked a lot. A body language expert looked at footage of Saddam Hussein speaking during the Kuwait War and noted his rapidly blinking eyes and said it was a sign of stress, usually lying. Palin's eyes were not fluttering as rapidly as Hussein's, but it was still very noticeable. So if the body language expert can be believed regarding Hussein, there may be something fairly stressful behind the scenes going on for Palin.

Comment

SALON: Sarah Palin resigning as Alaska governor

Ethics complaints filed against Palin - "A listing of known ethics complaints filed against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin"

Sarah Palin resigns as Alaska governor: Is a talk show far behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  During her statement her eyes blinked a lot.
                  I thought she was just winking at all of us. You betcha'.

The Governorquitter used the justifying analogy of a point guard passing the ball during the game in her resignation speech. She got the analogy wrong. I have two daughters who played high school basketball, one a 6+ft center and the other a 5ft 6in point guard (and one California State championship). What Sarah Palin has done, is finding her team behind 30 to 6 at half time, she says, "this is a stupid game, I'm not going to play anymore" and walks off the court into the shower room. I've seen it happen (not my girls but they have been in that situation). Regardless of the odds, you keep playing, some even with a mild injury. And the victory is that much sweeter when you rally from behind. It's called "character," something that Sarah Palin lacks.
                  Last edited by matapule; July 4, 2009, 11:45 AM.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

You tell 'em, Coach!!!

For me, it's this simple. Winners never quit. Quitters never win.

We can all breath easier, knowing that there is absolutely no chance of her taking that phone call at 3 am in the morning, with the fate of the free world in her hands. *whew!*
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      She got the analogy wrong.
                      She also got the Gen. MacArthur quote:
                      “We are not retreating, we are just advancing in a different direction.”
                      wrong --- in that it was not MacArthur who said it, but rather Major General Oliver P. Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        in that it was not MacArthur who said it, but rather Major General Oliver P. Smith.
                        Book em' Dano!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          For me, it's this simple. Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
                          Quoted for truth.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                            There is speculation that it may be the result of an embezzlement/IRS scandal and the scandal about awarding contracts to a company that purportedly built her home for free.
                            Better be careful with this. Palin's lawyer is talking about filing defamation suits against anyone who spreads these kinds of rumors. On TV, on the newspaper, and yes, online.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/...alin_resigning

The abruptness of her announcement and the mystery surrounding her plans have fed widespread speculation. But Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims.

"To the extent several websites, most notably liberal Alaska blogger Shannyn Moore, are now claiming as 'fact' that Governor Palin resigned because she is 'under federal investigation' for embezzlement or other criminal wrongdoing, we will be exploring legal options this week to address such defamation," Van Flein said in a statement. "This is to provide notice to Ms. Moore, and those who re-publish the defamation, such as Huffington Post, MSNBC, the New York Times and The Washington Post, that the Palins will not allow them to propagate defamatory material without answering to this in a court of law."

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                              There is speculation that it may be the result of an embezzlement/IRS scandal and the scandal about awarding contracts to a company that purportedly built her home for free. But it's all speculation at this point.
                              Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Palin's lawyer is talking about filing defamation suits against anyone who spreads these kinds of rumors."To the extent several websites, most notably liberal Alaska blogger Shannyn Moore, are now claiming as 'fact' that Governor Palin resigned because she is 'under federal investigation' for embezzlement or other criminal wrongdoing, we will be exploring legal options this week to address such defamation,"
                              This has already been discussed at length on the Internet. There are several problems with what Palin is threatening to do. This is just more of Palin's insane bullying tactics that she employs in her politics and her personal life. Defamation, by definition, is to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious.

1. Adri did not say anything untrue. There IS "speculation" about a Palin scandal and wrong doing

2. It is not unconstitutional to "speculate", it is called "free speech" which is constitutionally protected (and Palin's attorney knows that, but Palin doesn't)

3. Shannyn Moore did not say it is "fact" that Palin resigned because of wrongdoing. If you are interested, you can check her website. She "specualted" that she resigned because of wrong doing.

4. Palin and her attorney have now defamed Moore by saying things about her that are not true.

5. Attorney's have already lined up to take Moore's case "pro bono" to defend her. Nothing like taking on Palin in a high profile case to further your career! And who wouldn't love to get Palin under oath? It appears she is a pathological liar with her pants on fire. (I have not defamed her, I am just speculating) I can just see an attorney asking her, "What newspapers and magazines do you read?" And she swears under oath, "All of 'um, you betcha!"

6. Last week, Palin made a "joke" about the appearance of John Kerry's face, after Kerry dared to criticize her (it's on the Internet). Yet Letterman cannot make a "joke" about Palin's "slutty airline attendent" looks? When Obama defeated Hilary in the primaries, Palin told the "joke", "it looks like Sambo beat the bitch!" (defaming both) Now the "joke" is, "It looks like Letterman beat the wicked bitch of the North!" (I probably defamed Letterman here)

7. The Courts have traditionally not been supportive of politicians who claim defamatiom. If you are in politics, you become fair game for all kinds of constitionally protected insults and slander.

8. Palin has just opened herself to a lawsuit by President Obama when she claimed he was a terrorist and "palled around" with terrorists

9. If Palin is going to sue everyone who she claimed "defamed" her, she will be filing over 50 million lawsuits!

10. Palin is a trainwreck! She needs some serious psychological counseling. (I have not defamed her, I have stated the truth.) Her mental health is a concern. (Again more truth.)

And to think something like 46% of the electorate of the US thought she was qualified to be VPOTUS. Scary ..........and that's the truth!

p.s. Mark Sanford is the luckiest (wink, wink) man in the world! First Michael Jackson, now Para Salin'!
                              Last edited by matapule; July 5, 2009, 04:00 AM.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                              X