X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Boys Hoagies?

Any comments on this place????

Re: Buffalo Biys Hoagies?

eric and i have gone there three times. the steak hoagies are satisfying. there are some on yelp.com who say it's inauthentic but we're not experts so we can't comment on that. we've had the buffalo chicken sammy, the steak hoagie, and onion rings, all of which were good for the price. we love that they're open til three am. service all time we went (past 9pm) was always courteous and quick.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The best hoagies I ever had were from a little joint in South Gate/LA in the early 70s. Slender and super tight sandwiches on narrow French-like rolls, kinda rolled together with the meats/cheeses/minimal veggies and sauces, like a big sandwich cigar. A hoagie stogie! Never seen anything like them since.
      Don't know if these were 'real' hoagies, but it's hard to imagine the real deal being better.

I was hoping Buff's was like this, but way diff.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

So where is Buffalo Biys Hoagies?

Comment

I've never heard of the place!

Comment

On King St. just past University and across from the 7-11.
            Hey! I finally found a use for a 7-11!

Comment

That's very close to Kokua Market. I've never noticed it before but will check it out. Thx.

Comment

i ate there before... It can get pretty pricey. I spent about 60 for everything on this table. I was treating my two marine buddies who just got back from training...

Comment

the typo didn't help, either. tis "buffalo boys."

two totally diff cuisines/price points but buffalo boys is far and away a better value for the buck than sushi king, which is right across the street. besides what's at puck's alley, and except for akinono (to which we went once and henceforth and forevermore will say no! no! to) there are no other places within three blocks for really late night grindz.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    That's very close to Kokua Market. I've never noticed it before but will check it out. Thx.
                    Yes, just the next alley down.

Of course it's expensive, what isn't today? But they have a fairly huge array of ways to make an exotic hoagie, taking it far from the norm, and lot's of other menu items.
                    If you're a Philly hoagie purist you'll scoff, but as good food, it seems they aim to please.

My only question? Who actually orders chicken wings?!
                    OK, I see the question has been answered below. Now, why?
                    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; July 6, 2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
                      i ate there before... It can get pretty pricey. I spent about 60 for everything on this table. I was treating my two marine buddies who just got back from training...

egad. if i had not over-carnivored over the weekend, you would have decided what tonight's dinner would be for me and eric. i feel so conflicted--like i desire the wings etc so much i am about to drool but yet i've eaten far more meat than my system can handle in the last few days, thereby causing a reflex to hurl.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                        the typo didn't help, either. tis "buffalo boys." [...]
                        Aha! Thanks...it didn't look right. I'd still not heard of it before this thread, tho'.

Comment

Re: Buffalo Boys Hoagies?

Its biggest selling point is its late hours. The food's good enough, but yes, it can get pricey. I liked the rings, and the wings are good but not any better than you can get elsewhere for less. Worth a try, for sure, and yeah: if it's late at night and you're in the area, it's good.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

First buffalo gal go around the outisde, round the outside, round the outside (you know it)

Comment

true to scriv's comment, dinner from buffalo boys (menu here) was reee heee heee ly late last nite. sorry for the yellowness of the pic, which was taken with my iphone (i could be wrong, but i vaguely remember the walls of the joint being yellow, which would explain the jaundiced cast). the hoagie bread was fluffy yet substantial enough to hold the heavy contents of tender beef, meaty mushrooms, sweet peppers and gooey-licious cheese. while we were there, another couple showed up. i heard the lady laughingly tell the counter guy that her hubby had come in earlier that day and enjoyed his meal so much he couldn't go to bed without getting another fix. they ordered not only one of the steak hoagies, but the chicken fingers as well.

12 inch steak hoagie w/baby bells & peppers, cut in half for eric and me to share.

we also shared fries & onion rings (we were too hungry to stage them for a pic, sorry). even with sprunch, it cost us $20 (give or take a buck--can't competely make out our receipt in the pic) and was completely filling. in fact, i had to give eric the last few bites of my half of the hoagie to finish.

hint--if you're absolutely ravished when you get there, make sure you order a steak hoagie, bcs it takes about five minutes from order to plate if it's not busy. i overheard the staff telling the other couple the chicken will take 15 minutes to make. nice to know that they're fried fresh at the time of order, not sitting in a warmer to be tossed with sauce.
                              Last edited by cynsaligia; July 12, 2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X