No announcement yet.

Should I open these packets from China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I open these packets from China?

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    I believe with unsolicited mail you can keep whatever it is, toss it or give it away.
    Absolutely. If something is sent to you, without you having requested it, they can demand payment all they like - and you don't have to do anything. Keep, toss, give away, return, refuse - it's your choice (as long as you are certain that you didn't request it in any way).

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    there is the slightest possibility that someone in your household may have ordered a cat toy (esp. if you DO have a cat)...
    As in ... make sure the cat doesn't know how to order things with your credit card. Read "Get Fuzzy" regularly.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Actually there are THREE cat toys, don't forget the laser pointer
    Be sure to note the warning: "Do not stare at laser beam with remaining eye."

Comment

Re: Should I open these cat toys from China?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Actually there are THREE cat toys, don't forget the laser pointer
      OOps.
      At least my cat didn't forget!
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
        received two packets from China from a 'Hong Da Group' whose address is listed on the label as 'NO. 177 Zhen ning road' in Zhen hai (the city), China. Says it's from 'Wang' (last name, no first name).
        It could be those free sample increase stamina pills they send through the mail. Hong Da Group might be a mispelled of Hung Da Grope. Also, it includes Wang.

Comment

Maybe someone ordered something for you as a present, and it was sent to you from the manufacturer or a clearing house? When your Auntie asks, "Did you get the present I had sent", you might have to admit, "No, I returned it to the post office and notified the FBI".
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Just open it already (under water)
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
              there is the slightest possibility that someone in your household may have ordered a cat toy
              (esp. if you DO have a cat)...
              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              As in ... make sure the cat doesn't know how to order things with your credit card.
              Read "Get Fuzzy" regularly.
              LOL, yeah. If you had a cat like Bucky... all bets are OFF!

Good thing you don't have a cat.
              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

OMG, you guys have me in stitches!

Comment

went to the will-call door at the local post office this morning...lady worker puzzled (geez, never heard of a item being returned???) .

Finally, I filled her sentence with 'ok, i'll put refused ---return to sender' on the two packets...

went home...they're now in my mail box awaiting the mail man to deliver today's mail...

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                    went to the will-call door at the local post office this morning...lady worker puzzled (geez, never heard of a item being returned???) .

Finally, I filled her sentence with 'ok, i'll put refused ---return to sender' on the two packets...

went home...they're now in my mail box awaiting the mail man to deliver today's mail...
                    well, now. that's totally anticlimatic! i almost wish you would hook up a web cam to watch your mail box in case bad guys like musubi described come and take it away before your friendly postal worker comes!

regardless, i say better safe than sorry. you did the right thing.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

regular mail person came around 3pm this afternoon...she REALLY took a long time looking at both packets before taking it into her truck...hopefully that's the END of it!!!

now in the next week or so, this Chinese firm better not be asking me for something or another!!!

Comment

You may wanna call the airport screeners to see if they'd xray it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                          You may wanna call the airport screeners to see if they'd xray it for you.
                          How about those x-ray specs you can buy in a comic?

Comment

Working...
                          X