• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "United Breaks Guitars"

Clever revenge tactic...

catchy tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
    808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Re: "United Breaks Guitars"

Heh...
    Taylor Guitars

Taylor Guitar's YouTube response to Carroll's video.

And the story of how it all happened:

http://www.taylorguitars.com/news/Ne...il.aspx?id=102

Dave talks about the response he's gotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_X-Q...e=channel_page
    Last edited by Peshkwe; July 10, 2009, 01:26 PM. Reason: more linkage

Comment

http://www.timminspress.com/ArticleD...aspx?e=1647542

Now United wants to pay restitution and wants to use his video as a training tool for their employees.

Comment

*grins* I saw this vid on YouTube last night and thought it was brilliant!

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        http://www.timminspress.com/ArticleD...aspx?e=1647542

Now United wants to pay restitution and wants to use his video as a training tool for their employees.
        Yeah, interesting how United's tune changed after Dave Carroll posted his little ditty.

United Airlines can try to spin this all they want... they're STILL gonna look like idiots!
        To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

I've had a guitar broken by an airline before but I wasn't clever enough to make a tune out of the ordeal. I was too busy being royally P.Oed that it happened. Snapped the head stock clean off my washburn acoustic/electric. Airline was good about it. They asked me to take it to an authorized washburn repair facility and see what it was worth. Gave me the money to replace it completely. Washburn repaired it for me and it's held for the last 5 years or so. Pocketed the remainder of the money.
          -kp!

Comment

I wonder how Dave Carroll will come off after his 3rd song. He's doing real well with his first one. But he's promised two more and turned down any offer to settle. He's going ahead. I wonder how the public will see him when it's all done?

Comment

Saw this today; It's a surprisingly good song with a funny video.

Comment

Hmm. Maybe we can get a local songwriter to write up about Pacific Wings ripping off Kalaupapa residents with $200+ one-way ticket to fly just topside of Molokai (i.e., Hoolehua Airport).
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Hmm. Maybe we can get a local songwriter to write up about Pacific Wings ripping off Kalaupapa residents with $200+ one-way ticket to fly just topside of Molokai (i.e., Hoolehua Airport).
                  A little sampling from Waimanlo Blues by Country Comfort might be an idea.

Comment

Great story and video. I'm actually surprised that he had a hard time getting United to fix it. The same thing happened to a friend of mine and the airline (not sure which one) paid to have it fixed.

I've also got to say that I'm surprised he checked it instead of carrying it on the plane with him. I'd never check mine. The advice from the Taylor repair shop is a good idea to carry a copy of the airlines policy with you when you fly about carrying guitars onboard.
                    ~~~~~~
                    Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

How many guitars do you think the band brought on this gig? 2 each, 3? Lisa Loeb had 3 on stage for the Maui concert I attended - don't know how many more she had with her.

Instead of a song about Pacific Wings ripping off Kalaupapa residents, how about one about the state supreme court shooting down a perfectly legal EIC waiver for the superferry ramps? Or Molokai residents shooting themselves in the foot by arm twisting the company that previously supplied and subsidized [a portion of] their potable water system - yeah, I'd like to hear that one. Power to the people!
                      Last edited by salmoned; August 3, 2009, 11:37 AM.
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                        Or Molokai residents shooting themselves in the foot by arm twisting the company that previously supplied and subsidized their potable water system - yeah, I'd like to hear that one.
                        I hope "the company" you're NOT talking about is Molokai Ranch. They have no jurisdiction when it comes to supplying waters to Kaunakakai and Kalae areas (which is supposedly under the "care" of Maui County's Water Supply System).
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

"The True Cost of The Ranch’s Water Problem
                          Tuesday 8-5-08
                          Filed Under: Letters & Opinions
                          Timmy Leong looks at the old Molokai Ranch mountain water reservoir, which is filled by stream diversions in the Kamakou mountain range.

Editorial by Walter Ritte

This problem will affect ALL of our pocketbooks on Molokai, as the county may one day be responsible for Molokai Ranch’s water companies."

Looks to me like a shared concern for all residents... but I'll modify my previous comment with [brackets] for clarity. I realize Molokai has numerous water utilities competing for limited resources. It seems inevitable that eventually the water utilities on Molokai will fall under one government-controlled aegis.
                          Last edited by salmoned; August 3, 2009, 11:51 AM.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                            Either it hasn't reached all baggage handlers yet or it isn't working or the United Baggage Handlers Union is protesting....

Flew United to London & Back in July-August, and they ripped the rip-stop nylon on my new travel bag and the other two bags had white deposits (aluminum oxide?) on prominant contact points.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Song #2 came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-UoERHaSQg

Comment

Working...
                              X