Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A new (to me) type of 'beach pervert'

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    When I was in high school the female substitute gym teacher ( in her 40's )calmly set out new stacks of towels at the exit to the male locker room showers in plain view of the nude male students showering and coming out to get a towel. She took her time arranging the towels to.

Nobody reported it, although there was some joking about it later on.
    Yes, well, I wanted to make sure the towels were stacked just so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post

ROFLMAO!!!
      To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

We wore bikini bottoms because were all wannabe cheerleaders: doing cartwheels and handstands all the way through recess. I guess for this reason the boys lost interest - I don't remember any skirt lifting.
        Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
          That's the difference between men and women. To Woman it's an invasion of privacy when guy see's them in some state of undress. To a man it's, "Ehhhhhhhh wassupp wooo hoooo!!!" when a woman see's him walking around with his shalong in plain view.

We're simple. Feed us and we're happy.

And for the record, I'm not one to go, "Ehhhhhhhh wassupp wooo hoooo!!!" but if I ever got caught I'd just keep on dressing and accept that dollar being pushed down my BBD's Hey gotta feed my kids.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

As a guy... I enjoy the occasional right place at the right time view of something special.

The difference to what is being brought up here is of lewdness.
            The dude is obviously being weird with the camera, going beyond decency. IMO

So of course anyone feeling that has a right to protest I believe.

I admit to having taken lovely beach/bikini shots over the years.
            It's cool. Nothing nasty.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

When someone is filming something they shouldn't be. You can do a Timmy Chang and just take the snap and fling the camera to the ground for a Touchdown Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                When someone is filming something they shouldn't be. You can do a Timmy Chang and just take the snap and fling the camera to the ground for a Touchdown Warriors.
                Careful. Sounds like a good way to get arrested.

Comment

Re: a new (to me) type of 'beach pervert'

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  if you're in a public space, you're fair game. It doen't make you a pervert if you like to take candids in public places, which I do, but of course your friend was also completely within her rights to voice her displeasure. We've discussed this here before, and I've been outnumbered in not thinking it's a big deal.
                  On a basic level, you're right, Scriv. If you choose to go to a public beach, then other people will have a right to capture your image on camera.

But I can understand if some beachgoers who are sunbathing feel uncomfortable with the idea of being filmed or photographed. Especially women, since many of them like to,... hmmm, for lack of a better term, "adjust" their bathing suits so as to get an even tan and to avoid tan lines. Some of them have no problem with making quick adjustments in the presence of other beachgoers around them. Hey, that's life on a public beach.

But to be caught on someone else's camera while making the adjustments,.... that's a different story. And in this day and age of streaming video on the net, a fleeting moment of immodesty has the potential to turn into a major source of embarrassment.

Something to think about.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Something to think about.
                    Indeed. Perhaps it means that many of us are carrying outdated concepts of "privacy." Doesn't mean we have to sit down and be quiet about it, however.

I suspect that the era of YouTube will eventually suffer a backlash, that there will be an "invasion of privacy" lawsuit where a huge segment of the population feels that someone "went too far," and some type of heavier restrictions and controls will be put into place. But then, said restrictions will be slowly eroded.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Indeed. Perhaps it means that many of us are carrying outdated concepts of "privacy." Doesn't mean we have to sit down and be quiet about it, however.

I suspect that the era of YouTube will eventually suffer a backlash, that there will be an "invasion of privacy" lawsuit where a huge segment of the population feels that someone "went too far," and some type of heavier restrictions and controls will be put into place. But then, said restrictions will be slowly eroded.
                      I agree wholeheartedly. The problem I foresee is that it's going to be difficult to trace who posted what. Yes, there would be an I.P. address to follow, but then there's the argument of "So-and-so used my computer" especially if it's a laptop. Then the question becomes who is responsible? The beachgoer for her adjustment? The person who filmed it and put it on the web (my answer, but hard to "prove"?) YouTube's for providing the means to do so in the first place? Then the first amendment will be brought into it.

The first court case of this kind will be, for lack of a better term, a complete cluster f.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                        Then the question becomes who is responsible? ---
                        The first court case of this kind will be, for lack of a better term, a complete cluster f.
                        It may not answer the question of true responsibility, but if it hits the courts, the defendant will be the party with the deepest pockets.

Comment

Ban cameras at the beach

Ban video cameras at the beach

Ban children at the beach

or

Practice personal responsibility for yourself and those in your care.

Keep your 'adjustments' in the changing room or behind a towel

keep clothes on the kids

keep your assorted dangly bits inside your colorful dangly holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                            ... inside your colorful dangly holders.
                            I have GOT to get me one of those.

Actually, I keep most of me tucked away when I am at the beach, as I am at the paler end of haole. The best I can hope for in natural suntanning is "dark pale" - just enough to neutralize the blue, and keep from blinding others.

Comment

Lawsuits? Yes, that is a definite possibility when it comes to any uploaded video that contains indecent exposure of someone who did not give their consent. And in the case of YouTube, consent wouldn't matter. That type of material would get taken down immediately, once it is brought to the attention of their monitors.

But when I talk about a video being a source of embarrassment, I'm not only talking about things that would be blatantly illegal to display. It could be an image of an unflattering "bulge" or outline that is visible. Or maybe some part of the swimsuit that is bunched up. Once again, these sights aren't uncommon in a crowded beach. And I'm not sure if video footage focused on these embarrassing spots would be subject to lawsuit.

Scriv talked about the importance of context in how a picture or a video is perceived, and on that point, he is correct. A seemingly innocuous video of someone when shown in full context could be turned into something sleazy when it is edited. Even if the person who made and posted the video is IDed, it's not clear if that person would be arrested or be held liable in a lawsuit. I have the feeling that when it comes to complaints re: the uploading of candid video, a lot of it will fall into a gray area.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                                Keep your 'adjustments' in the changing room or behind a towel
                                When you're trying to get an even tan, good luck with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X