"Man vs Cartoon" on truTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Man vs Cartoon" on truTV

I stumpled across a series titled Man vs Cartoon on the truTV channel. The premise of this series is that a group of people try to re-create Wile E. Coyote attempts to kill the Roadrunner. New episodes air on Saturday at 7pm HST.

The episode that aired as I typed this had one part with using a remote control model airplane to drop a bomb on the roadrunner and the second part using a hot air balloon to drop an anvil on the roadrunner.

Re: "Man vs Cartoon" on truTV

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I stumpled across a series titled Man vs Cartoon on the truTV channel. The premise of this series is that a group of people try to re-create Wile E. Coyote attempts to kill the Roadrunner. New episodes air on Saturday at 7pm HST.
    I guess this proves that some of us watched WAY too many cartoons in our childhood, LOL.

Sounds like fun... which channel is truTV?

Originally posted by helen View Post
    The episode that aired as I typed this had one part with using a remote control model airplane to drop a bomb on the roadrunner and the second part using a hot air balloon to drop an anvil on the roadrunner.
    So... was either attempt "successful"?
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

For Oceanic cable on Oahu truTV is channel 19 for analog and channel 119 for digital.

The R/C model airplane segment didn't have the plane drop a bomb but rather it was used to trigger a bomb located on the ground, which was hidden under a big pile of bird seed (with signs saying free bird seed). The plane did manage to fly into the place that triggered the bomb.

For the second segment, they wanted to drop an anvil from the hot air balloon at least 80 feet in height. But due to winds at the time they went to around 60 feet and dropped an anvil made of wood (but painted black, the metal version was green that they got from their machine shop) to 7 to 8 foot long target on the ground (the roadrunner inside of a bullseye). The anvil managed to hit the leg part of the target.

To be honest, the cartoon version had the coyote in a balloon that was traveling kind of high, like thousands of feet in the air because in the cartoon there are some clouds below him and the balloon was moving and it was after a moving target. In the segment the balloon was tethered to the ground, so while it could go up and down, there wasn't much horizontal movement and it was aiming at a stationary target.

Comment

I taped Saturday's episode but between me not entering the right ending time and the way it was broadcast I only got the first segment of the episode which was trying to have two metal plates squish something when triggered by breaking an electric eye.

In the cartoon the Road Runner stops short of the trip beam and just stands there. The Coyote is on the other side of the trap waiting for the Road Runner to be smashed. After waiting the Coyote then decides to jump the Road Runner, but the Road Runner trips the beam and then smashes the Coyote flat.

The team tries to build one plate propelled by explosives. They was thinking of using steel for the plate but it weighed too much so they tried an aluminium plate instead but they had problems in welding the plate to a pole.

I don't know what the outcome was since the tape ended before it's time.

Comment

Working...
        X