Thread: Camera stores in Honolulu

Default Camera stores in Honolulu

I'm shopping for a camera and am finding it hard to get a look at the selection in person these days. There's Best Buy and the office stores, sure. But is there anywhere else in Honolulu that has a wide selection of cameras that a shopper can pick up and play with? Online review sites are great but sometimes I need to look at the real thing before I decide.

Default Re: Camera stores in Honolulu

Are you looking for a digital camera or a film camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm shopping for a camera and am finding it hard to get a look at the selection in person these days. There's Best Buy and the office stores, sure. But is there anywhere else in Honolulu that has a wide selection of cameras that a shopper can pick up and play with? Online review sites are great but sometimes I need to look at the real thing before I decide.
    what is the problem with Best Buy or some other store like that? they will let you pick up & play with the cameras. Plus, if you order online & don't like the camera - you can always return it. Of course, this is coming from me who has purchased 2 cameras online & loved both of them

Digital. And there's nothing wrong with Best Buy, I was there today. I'm just looking for more inventory to look at.

Well there is Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Costco. If you are in the Ala Moana shopping center area there is Sears, Ritz Camera, Radio Shack, and Longs Drugs. I am not sure of the Apple store if they sell cameras or not. Walgreens sells a limited selection of cameras.

By the way what kind of price range are you looking at and features that you need?

Besides Ritz Camera at Ala Moana and Kahala Shopping Centers, there's also Kaimuki Camera (a small mom and pop store at 3622 Waialae Avenue), and Lighthaus Camera at 2885 S. King Street, Suite 202 (somewhere near that tangle of a triangle where King Street, Kapiolani Boulevard and Waialae Avenue meet, exactly where, I don't know).

I believe Target which just opened up on the islands has cameras too also.
    Not a big supply but fairly medium sized stock where you can touch, feel, pretend to take pictures and ask q's (ask for electronics team member).

Does Shirokiya at Ala Moana still sell electronics?

a while back i know they carried tons of digital cameras