Freecycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freecycle

Cyleet posted getting a guinea pig on Freecycle. It sounds like an interesting setup -- exchanging stuff with others. Can everyone share their experiences? I have some misc. stuff I can get rid of, but I don't care for Craigslist. I usually donate to Big Brothers, etc, but the idea of exchanging with others sounds like fun.

http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=14642&page=3
    Here's our sweetie; got her as an offer on Freecycle, and DS named her Pi`i Pi`i for her curly hair.

Re: Freecycle

Go to Freecycle.org and choose your area of the country; join a group and have fun! I gave away a few things but this is the only thing I tried to get. You have to be ready for the requests, 'cause if you have a popular thing, you will get a LOT of responses. Some folks choose the first person that contacts them, and others choose by whatever method they want. IME, it's not really a bartering site, but I bet you could.

I think it's worth it.

Comment

Thanks, Cyleet. I just registered! Yes, I understand now that it's not for bartering. Interesting... I'm going to have fun

Comment

I just had my first Freecycle experience. I listed an item last night. I had 8 responses by this morning, the first one within 15 minutes of the posting. The item was picked up by 11 this morning! Painless!

Comment

Working...
        X