Home Router Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Router Issue

I have a Belkin G Wireless router. It just started doing the same thing that happened with my previous router (Belkin).The router forgets the login/password and security settings. Thus I have to re input these settings into the router.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Home Router Issue

I just replaced my Belkin G router. I was noticing that my signal strength was deteriorating over a week or so then the signal cut off entirely. Powering down didn't help, so I replaced it. I don't think that I ever changed the default password, but my SSID and WEP settings never changed during its short life.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      The router forgets the login/password and security settings. Thus I have to re input these settings into the router.
      Are you talking about the router's admin login and password or the password to access the wireless service it is hosting?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        Are you talking about the router's admin login and password or the password to access the wireless service it is hosting?
        No, its the login/password for other computers to access the wireless router.
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          No, its the login/password for other computers to access the wireless router.
          connect the PC via ethernet cable to the router.

access the router's wi-fi or wireless setting.

either memorize the passkey or enter a new one you CAN memorize.

assign one channel for the router to broadcast (typically 1, 6, or 11). That way only your PC or laptop can search for your router.

If all else fail, get Netgear 802.11N router.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            connect the PC via ethernet cable to the router.

access the router's wi-fi or wireless setting.

either memorize the passkey or enter a new one you CAN memorize.

assign one channel for the router to broadcast (typically 1, 6, or 11). That way only your PC or laptop can search for your router.

If all else fail, get Netgear 802.11N router.
            Its not myself that that forgets the login/password, it is the router itself that forgets. I was wondering why my girlfriend suddenly couldn't access the net.After I investigated I saw the router forgot the login/password to allow other computers to access the net through the wireless router. On the upside it hasn't done this again.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
            X