Hurricane Felicia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huricane Felicia

Thread on Felicia already exists here, Barry.

Comment

Re: Hurricane Felicia

Downgraded to "tropical storm" status this morning - keeping fingers crossed that you folks will continue to be spared the worst hits of any storms.

Comment

Uh-oh. I'm flying back home from Los Angeles tuesday night. How do y'all think the hurricane will affect my arrival?
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          Uh-oh. I'm flying back home from Los Angeles tuesday night. How do y'all think the hurricane will affect my arrival?
          You might hit some turbulence, TG.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            Depending how strong what now is categorized as Tropical Storm Felicia, your flight may be postponed until further notice. Based on NOAA's current tracking, she should be centered over Oahu right around Tuesday night. Not a good time to be flying in, don't you think?

Now there's two more increasingly organized formations in the east Pacific spinning off the southern tip of Baja and Mexico with the potential of becoming a tropical depression.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

This storm seems to have lost its punch because prevailing winds from the west destroyed it. From Iniki we know Hawai'i does lie in warm enough water to support full strength hurricanes. At least these days we have satellite weather info to give warning enough to prepare and or to evacuate. And, don't pilots usually steer around dangerous weather?

Comment

We still have to be careful. So many hurricanes which have passed South of the Big Island have turned North/NE and hit us badly: Dot (1959), Iwa (1982), and Iniki (1992) all circled back - almost as if the trade winds hitting Hawaiian Islands creates a vacuum into which the storms are drawn.

Be Prepared! (and hope and pray it misses).

See THIS page on Hawaiian Hurricanes.
                Last edited by Kaonohi; August 9, 2009, 02:29 PM. Reason: Earl
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

hope tropical depression passes by us

hi,im hoping tropical depression passes by our island and move's out to the pacific ocean and fizzle's out.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Re: hope tropical depression passes by us

Hi Sansei...the storm is being discussed here.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for my fellow HT'ers and my friends in the 808!
                      flickr

An email from God:
                      To: People of Earth
                      Date: 9/04/2007
                      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                        Keeping my fingers crossed for my fellow HT'ers and my friends in the 808!
                        Me too! And if your flight isn't cancelled, TG, maybe some dramamine?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

OK, it started raining here on Maui. All misted over, too, so I can't see anything. Not windy yet.

How are you all doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                            OK, it started raining here on Maui. All misted over, too, so I can't see anything. Not windy yet.

How are you all doing?
                            Well, 15 minutes later and it's nice and sunny. Gotta go to work now. I'm worried about my office.

Comment

Excerpt From Office of The Governor Website:
                              http://hawaii.gov/gov

“Felicia is expected to produce extremely heavy rainfall with the potential for widespread flash flooding, increasing on Tuesday and continuing into Wednesday,” the weather service said.

"As we currently are in hurricane season, which runs through November, residents should prepare a family disaster plan, which should be discussed in detail with every family member.

"Families are also advised to prepare a disaster supply kit with enough food and water for three to seven days. The emergency kit should also include medicine, toiletries, clothes, blankets, a radio, a flashlight, spare batteries and pet supplies in case an evacuation is necessary.

"In addition, residents should take the time to locate the nearest emergency shelter. A complete list of shelters statewide, including those designated for individuals with special health needs as well as for pets, can be found on the Internet at www.scd.hawaii.gov."

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Prepare.

Be safe everyone and God Bless.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Currently it's the calm before the storm in Waikiki.

Comment

Working...
                                X