American Idol Season 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season 9

The good thing about this season of AI is that our kid is learning how classic rock songs were actually sung/played, not just all the TV commercials & rap versions.

She wouldn't have learned about Ann & Nancy Wilson if it wasn't for one of the AI contestants mangling a Heart song, and now she'll learn about Mick Jagger explaining why she cain't awlways get whut she wahnts...
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Another waste of two hours of my time. This is really a weak season. You can find just as much talent on any given weekend at Ala Moana's Center Stage.
      Crystal is the only original, the rest are pretty much just singing words.
      Big Mike was still good, and Didi and Siobahn might be interesting to watch and see of they develop. Tim will likely get a ton of votes from AI's primary audience, young girls. Lee's voice sounded good, but he doesn't have personality or the looks to win it.
      Weak season.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, Aaron did sing "Angie" and did a fine job with it. Tim Urban, on the other hand, really flunked out with "Under My Thumb".

But I think Crystal Bowersox is the most likely Idol this season.

Comment

It's well-hidden in the Star-Builletin Web site, but we're blogging the season:

http://hilife.starbulletin.com/archives/3265
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            It's well-hidden in the Star-Builletin Web site, but we're blogging the season:
            I think you're doing it for the unprecedented opportunity to use words like "homunculi"!
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
              I think you're doing it for the unprecedented opportunity to use words like "homunculi"!
              If the word fits, use it!
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

big mike voted off and saved by the judge

This could save you an hour of overproduced fluff and needless drama.
                I love the show but hate the results night.
                the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Did Simon have a fist fight with Seacrest Out?

Comment

The finale airs tonight, here... but it already aired farther east and the winner is known. I intentionally checked to see who won, since I have to leave shortly to play a show tonight, so I'll watch it tomorrow on the DVR. I'm not going to even post a spoiler here.
                    Tomorrow I'll have some comments.
                    If you're waiting to watch, be careful where you go on the internet. The result is everywhere.

One thing I can safely say now is that American Idol is a rapidly falling show. Why, you ask? For last season's finale they had 88 million votes... for tonight's finale, less than half that amount. Hmmmmm.

Comment

If you don't want to know the results.
                      It's close your eyes time.
                      Gotcha!
                      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; May 26, 2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

The wrong person won. Just like last year, when Adam Lambert should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                          The wrong person won. Just like last year, when Adam Lambert should have won.
                          The disadvantage of winning has been discussed previously. Adam Lambert seems to already have the career advantage over Chris Allen (hmmm...is that's Chris' last name...I've forgotten already). It'll be interesting to see if that scenario repeats itself with Crystal Bowersox because she's not tied to the Idol winner's contract. Just my 2¢...

Comment

http://tv.yahoo.com/american-idol/sh...n-idol-moments

Will the show survive without Simon?

Comment

Finally watching the American Idol finale show that I DVR’d.
                              Seacrest (can we vote him off?) introduced Lee and Crystal. Lee had that ‘deer in the headlights’ look on his face. He looks terrified. He’s an “idol”?
                              Loved seeing Alice Cooper and the former AI contestants in their little Catholic schoolkid outfits. But, at the very end they all gather around Alice and Siobahn (remember her?) dropped to one knee and… well, she should’ve worn a longer skirt. Pretty X-rated for a few seconds there. And does anyone know who that HOT blonde lead guitar player was?
                              Last season's winner Kris Allen sang next. Listened for about 20 seconds then fast-forwarded, bored.
                              The BeeGees. I was never much of a fan, but they’ve aged well. Siobahn and David sang with them. Siobahn sounded great and she should’ve gone farther in the competition. Longer skirt this time and no kneeling, but the cleavage was quite entertaining.
                              Oh yeah, baby! Michael McDonald and Big Mike with “Taking It To The Streets”! Cookin’!
                              What is this, The Siobahn Show?!? There she is again, with a few other female contestants and Crystal. This time Siobahn’s in spikey high heels, shredded fishnet stockings, a tiny miniskirt, and even more cleavage. I think I saw her on a corner late at night on Kalakaua Avenue one time. Oh, good, there’s Christina Aguilera joining in the song.
                              Several of the male contestants are singing, and one or two are even on key and not pitchy. Oh, good, there’s Hall & Oates!
                              Crystal’s singing a solo, and rocking it. She… should… have… WON. Stupid voters. Oh, there’s Alanis Morisette. Crystal’s singing better than Alanis!
                              Carrie Underwood sings her newest single. I hope all the contestants and wannabes are watching and learning.
                              Lee and Crystal sing a duet and sound darned good together, like they did on their duet a couple of weeks ago. Lee is a good backup singer, not a soloist.
                              Casey James and his acoustic guitar start something, then Bret Michaels comes out to join him and gets a huge ovation. What a great story Bret is living! Thank God he's living at all.
                              Lee comes out to sing a medley of hits by the band Chicago… and with the band Chicago. Lee is robotic and pitchy.
                              “General” Larry Platt does “Pants On The ground”… then gets joined by William Hung. Hilarious!
                              Paula Abdul. Looking great, sounds great, funny material.
                              Seven of the eight former Idol winners came out to sing; one was head and shoulders better than the rest. They could call this segment Carrie Underwood And Some Other People.
                              Nice tribute segment for Simon Cowell.
                              Janet Jackson. Seems like she’s intentionally trying to sound like her brother. She’s wearing a headset microphone but using a handheld mic to sing into. Huh? And then she sings a second song, still sounding like Michael.
                              Lee and Crystal sing “With A Little Help From My Friends”. Lee is pitchy, Crystal is rockin’ it! And Joe Cocker joins them! WooHOO! (Side note: did you know that Joe Cocker runs a B&B in Colorado now? Google Joe Cocker and you’ll find a link to it. My sister lives right down the street. She called me several years ago and asked if I knew who Joe Cocker is. Well, duh, sure! She’d never heard of him but people were telling her that he was a famous rock star. Uh, yeah.)
                              Final results are about to be announced. Lee looks like he’s gonna throw up. They announce his name as the winner. He sings a song and is severely off key.
                              I stopped the recording and hit Delete.
                              Seriously, can we vote off Seacrest?

Comment

we have to remember that this really boils down to a popularity contest in the end.
                                who are the ones that vote the most? i think its females from 8 to 28 yrs old.
                                mamasox was definetly the better singer. she wanted to stay true to herself and that meant semi fashionable dreds and a style of music that is not very current with the main core of voters. she had to have been advised that if she wanted to win that she needed to lose the dreds and sing some current and varied styles. she choose not to. she hid the dreds a few times and tried a song or two that was different but she stayed who she was and didnt win in the end.
                                i thought lambert was the better singer as well but he stayed over the top with his identity and the core of voters wasnt ready for it as their idol.
                                the name 'american idol " connotes mainstream america and niether lambert nor sox fit that groove.
                                now sox and lambert oughtta get together and that would be interesting.
                                the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Working...
                                X