KHBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHBC

Looking over radio locator today I notice KHBC 1060 am is missing in Hilo. Can someone please tell what happened, and when? Thanks!

Khbc

I think they're currently broadcasting only on FM.

http://www.khbcradio.com/

I think they are trying to get the call letters KIPA for the AM side. Read about that somewhere but I can't remember where now.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Khbc

Thank you! A Big Island friend gave me a history of the station but not including it going off the air. Colorful...seems investors bought KIPA with a contract with the former owner to manage it, but reneged on the management part, so he bought KAHU (which I always liked for their great Hawaiian music) and moved Mynah Bird over, burying KIPA, which did disappear from some charts at various times. It was nice to resurrect the original KHBC call letters, I hope they return on AM.

Comment

That song plays in my head every time I see this thread...

Comment

I can't think of another radio station anywhere that has had a hula for it:

Aia i ka la'i,ula la'e ho
          O Keaukaha la, ula la'e ho
          KHBC, ula la'e ho
          Ka home a'o Pele, ula la'e ho

Comment

Re: KHBC

KIPA AM 1060 is on the air with the same variety format as when it was KHBC.

Comment

Re: KHBC

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
              KIPA AM 1060 is on the air with the same variety format as when it was KHBC.
              Are they simulcasting KHBC on KIPA? I don't have a receiver that can pick up KIPA's signal from where I am.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
              X