Rental suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental suggestions?

I'm currently working a lot and don't have much time to do a lot of Internet comparison shopping since there's no Internet access there, so...thought I'd seek some advice from you guys.

Brakes on my car are starting to go. Obviously don't want to drive it to and from work. Appointment to get it fixed not until next week.

Best kamaaina rates for rentals on Oahu--what do you know?

Thanks in advance. Sigh...gotta go to work now.

Re: Rental suggestions?

Does your local garage not give you a loaner car?
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rented a car from Budget last weekend, cost me around $175 for two days but that included the LDW. I think the daily rate for the car itself was around $40-45 and it was for a compact car.

By the way I am sort of brand loyal to Budget so I wasn't comparing rates with other companies.

Comment

I rented from Alamo in June at approx. $35/day.

Comment

Try Thrifty.

Comment

just did a price check and economy class rental from tomorrow til saturday, august 15 is about $35/day from enterprise at their nimitz location. if i remember correctly, though, you won't get much price variation between the following companies bcs they're owned by the same parent:

ACE Rent a Car · Advantage Rent a Car · Alamo Rent a Car · Auto Europe · Avis Rent a Car · Budget Rent a Car · Dollar Rent a Car · Enterprise Rent-a-Car · Europcar · Hertz Rent a Car · Kemwel · National Car Rental · Payless Car Rental · Rent-a-Wreck · Sixt · Thrifty Car Rental

what i will say for enterprise nimitz is that they're fast and courteous. also, if your car is being worked on at a lex brodie's branch, enterprise already has a working relationship w/lex brodie's so that the LB employees help facilitate your car rental (there is no discount tho) and pick up/drop off by enterprise. came in handy the many times my old car had to have work done and i couldn't be without a car.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Does your local garage not give you a loaner car?
              The appt's not until next week. Due to economy, the number of loaner cars available dropped significantly. No loaner until next week.

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

Go to this discount Hawaii car rental site for car rentals from Avis, Budget, Dollar, and Thrifty for about $26 - $30 a day depending on the size of car. It has the best rates you can get, plus with Avis you can rent a compact and upgrade to a Mid-size car by printing the upgrade coupon on the same site.
                  ~~~~~~
                  Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Lots of lovely tips and information! Rented a vehicle today.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by HanaleiRay View Post
                      Go to this discount Hawaii car rental site for car rentals from Avis, Budget, Dollar, and Thrifty for about $26 - $30 a day depending on the size of car. It has the best rates you can get, plus with Avis you can rent a compact and upgrade to a Mid-size car by printing the upgrade coupon on the same site.
                      Good thing I did a 'search', because I was planning on posting the link to the Discount Hawaii car rental site http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.c...FR4UagodpTwvbg. You just put in where, when and what and it reserves you the best deal. Cool.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X