This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

Tuna salad, fresh baked Grace Bakery bread from Foodland and several Bacardi & cokes.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi last night we had fried chicken tender's with onion's and bell pepper's and rice and i had my ususal diet soda and my mom had her wine and tonight we're having flank steak with rice and it'll be good. on sunday,i'll have my sunnyside up egg's on rice and maybe a lettuce salad and it'll all be good.

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

hi,tonight,im having sunnyside up egg's on rice with the yolk on the rice and we may have a lettuce and tomato salad and it'll be good. not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

hi,tonight,.we're having storebought tonkatsu with fried chicken with rice and it'll be good. not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

hi,tonight we're having leftover storebought fried chicken with rice and not sure what else?
            not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

BBQ Chicken mini plate lunch and a cup of Mountain Dew from AAA Local BBQ.

Comment

Salmon, pasta, sushi and a bottle of water.

Comment

hi tonight,we're having chow fun my mom bought from town and we'll have it with rice and maybe a lettuce salad and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have either her water or wine? Not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

Meat loaf and pasta salad from Foodland with a cup of Mountain Dew from Arby's.

Comment

paksiw of whole opelu with shishito peppers & salad of blanched green beans dressed with grated ginger, onion & fish sauce.

paksiw is a method of cooking: basically poaching the white fish in a shallow mixture of vinegar, patis, onions & ginger. you can use any firm-fleshed white fish, whether whole, filleted or cut into steaks. paksiw is a rare fish recipe that tastes better the next day because the acid & salt flavors permeate the fish more deeply. it works well with fish that was previously frozen.

when i cleaned the opelu in preparation for cooking, i couldn't help but smile. eric learned during his single digit years to kill and gut fish so one of one of his tests for commitment suitability is whether a girl can gut & clean a fish properly. i pride myself on the practical ability to slice into a fish belly, yank out any innards (leaving any eggs, of course), gently removing as much peritoneum without disturbing the flesh, then rending the gills from the head so that water cleanly flows from fish mouth through breached belly. i'm sure for domestic mavens like susiemisajon that's nothing; for many urban girls, just looking a whole fried shisamo in the eye at the sushi bar engenders nightmares.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

sauteed chicken and mushrooms, corn on the cob, cornbread. i might ask hub to open a bottle of wine. i keep forgetting, tho, that today is wednesday and not saturday, and i have to go to work tomorrow.

Comment

Steak special plate lunch and a cup of Mountain Dew from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

hi tonight,we're having leftover turkey stew on rice and we had this last night also and it'll be good.

not sure what's for friday or saturday's dinner?

Comment

Honeydew Tripe for two

I cut it into mouth sized pieces, sprinkle it with some salt and black pepper, then leave it in the fridge for a few hours. I serve it with chips/ fries (in your lingo) and crunchy French bread.
                              It's very good for you but an aquired taste
                              Last edited by Barry; November 12, 2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Lots of vinegar is needed on the above. It's lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                X