This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

hi,tonight wer'e having my homemade chili with bean's on rice and it'll be good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Possibly leftover's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
      Stagg Dynamite chili, fancied up with ground beef, Roma tomatoes and Jalapeno peppers. Plus, of course, a bottle of Steel Reserve, a little of which went into the chili.
      Is that a Steel Reserve 40oz? Haven't had one of those in a while but they were a staple back in college days.
      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Hire (Filet) Katsu from Umebachi's here in Kanegawa, Japan.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Well, it's pork chops, Yukon gold potatoes and Jalapeno peppers tonight. Steel Reserve has gotten ridiculously expensive at Star Markets, so making do with Olde English to wash it down.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
            Is that a Steel Reserve 40oz? Haven't had one of those in a while but they were a staple back in college days.
            For sure. My favorite brew.

Comment

hi,tonight,wer'e having chow fun noodle's and we'll probably have a lettuce salad and tomorrow,we'll have our leftover chili on rice and it'll all be good.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

previously grilled chicken thighs (garlic, herb, olive oil marinade), mushroom sauce. fried potatoes and veggie salad.

Comment

Fresh baked French Bread from Foodland, Tuna Salad and a couple of Bacardi & Cokes. and it was Yum!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thai Coconut Chicken with Ginger

I am preparing it today but we won't be eating it until Karen's birthday on the 17th. This meal is for 3.

2 tbs Cooking Oil
                    2 Garlic
                    cloves, chopped
                    2 slices fresh ginger
                    ½ Red capsicum3 Shallots chopped
                    1 large Chicken breast, sliced
                    1 tsp Soy Sauce
                    1 can Coconut Cream
                    20g sliced Bamboo Shoots
                    2 tbs Sweet Chilli Sauce with Ginger
                    Directions,
                    Make sure the wok is washed and clean to prevent cross-contamination. Actually I use hot virgin olive oil to wash my wok.
                    Heat oil in wok, add garlic, ginger, capsicum and shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
                    Add chicken and soy sauce and cook until chicken browns.
                    Reduce heat and add the coconut cream and bamboo shoots.
                    Steam for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
                    Add sweet chilli sauce with ginger and stir again for 1 minute.
                    Remove from heat and serve with Thai long grain steamed rice.
                    Serves 3
                    Last edited by Barry; September 16, 2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Do I have to make dinner? I so over it. I'm rebelling. Maybe I can print out pictures of what you guys make and huz can eat that.

Doesn't anyone else get tired of making/eating dinner?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                        Do I have to make dinner? I so over it. I'm rebelling. Maybe I can print out pictures of what you guys make and huz can eat that.

Yeah. I used to love cooking, now not so much. I just do it for my hubby. If he's out, I have a glass of wine with cheese and crackers, or popcorn, trail mix, chocolate... as long as I don't have to cook and wash pots and stuff.

Comment

Fried cod and a pasta side made with pesto alfredo sauce. Veggie salad. I wish I could have wine.

Comment

Today after picking up my kids from school, I was wondering what to make for dinner? At Safeway I was browsing around asked the kids, "When was the last time you had a TV Dinner?" What's that they asked" noting the word TV was included.

So I sold them on the novelty of a TV Dinner and guess what we're having tonight? Well that plus left over chili. Hey once in a while I can cheat.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                              *L* DH was out here from Big D and after a week whined that he hadn't had a home-cooked meal yet and I pointed out to him where the kitchen was at. He thinks it's a B&B when he's here.

Comment

hi tonight,we're having my homemade stoup which is thicker than stew and thinner than soup which is somewhat like Rachael ray's stoup only not with many vegetable's,only the one's my stomach is able to handle and it'll be good.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X