This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

wow, thats a pretty heavy dinner - but, it does sound so GOOD!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi,tonight,my mom and i are having storebought fried chicken from marukai and we'll also have sushi and maybe my mom's cake for her special day and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have her wine on her special day and it'll all be good.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Roast beef sandwiches, fries and a cup of Mountain Dew from Arby's.

Comment

Fresh baked French bread from Foodland, tuna salad & several Rum & Cokes. Along with NCIS, DWTS & The Good Wife on TV - it was a very pleasant evening!
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

eric and i went to grace's for the first time in years. we shared a chicken katsu/beef curry mixed plate. ah, for the days when the pseudo-kim chee was free and there was always a super-generous pile of chow fun under whatever it was you ordered.

it was an adorable bit of nostalgia for our high school/college years for us to eat there, but just like many things from childhood, you can't really go back to grace's nowadays and expect it to be the way it was in the 90s. sigh.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I made a whole bunch of baked meatballs. I made some with cream of mushroom soup, onions, mushrooms. Also will throw them into spaghetti sauce. I don't know what to do with the rest... teriyaki or bbq sauce maybe?

Comment

hi,tonight we're having steamed salmon with white radish and carrot's also being steamed and we'll have rice and i'll have my diet soda and my mom will either have her wine or water and it'll all be good.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

Had a french dip sandwich I made from paper thin slices of beef round eye of round roast. I topped it with cooked onions, horseradish sauce, and cheddar cheese and dipped it in the juice from the cooked meat and some beef broth. Twas quite ono.
                  What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Sandwich from Subway and a bottle of water.

Comment

I smashed a handful of dehydrated mushrooms onto a powder and added them to a carton of sour cream (creme fraich, actually) along with a small handful of freeze-dried salad herbs (parsley, garlic, chives, etc..) plus one of chopped dried onion and a big spoonful of powdered roast beef bouillon.

I let it sit for a while and sliced steak into strips, adding a spoonful of Aromat (like shoyu) and a bit of salt and pepper.

Then I stir-fried the steak in hot goosefat til some bits were browned and some were still red, and added the sour cream mixture, stirring til heated through.

We had this with crispy fries (woulda been better with something to soak up the delicious sauce) and steamed broccoli. It was so delicious that we ate and ate and ate and made pigs of ourselves. Next time I'm taking the staek out of the pan and deglazing it with redwine before adding the sourcream and then the fried meat.

PS The sour cream mix was so good just plain...better than onion soup dip.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

That sounds wonderful, SusieM...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                          That sounds wonderful, SusieM...
                          It was. And I had the rest, cold, for breakfast.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                            It was. And I had the rest, cold, for breakfast.
                            That girl does eat well Today I had store bought steak and kidney pie with chips/fries and mushy peas.
                            Last edited by helen; October 1, 2009, 09:04 AM. Reason: fixing the quote tag

Comment

popcorn, cheese and a bottle of water.

Comment

tonight,we're having portugese sausage with cooked white rice and maybe a lettuce salad and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have her wine or water and it'll be good.

Not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Comment

Working...
                                X