This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

Tuna pasta salad and a cup of Diet Coke.

Comment

Tonight I made pork butt. Slow cooked it for five hours then transferred it to a roasting pan and added sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms with some garlic. After 45-minutes in the oven with some bastings from the slow cooker it was done. The meat just melted apart. Made some gravy with what was left of the basting and my kids were in heaven.

In all this meal cost me just under $20 to make.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Tonight I made pork butt. Slow cooked it for five hours then transferred it to a roasting pan and added sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms with some garlic. After 45-minutes in the oven with some bastings from the slow cooker it was done. The meat just melted apart. Made some gravy with what was left of the basting and my kids were in heaven.

Sounds tasty Craig. I do mine nearly the same. I put everything into the slow cooker and then when it's cooked I remove the juice to make the gravy. Add a small few drops of oil and roast the pork and veggies in the slow cooker.
        I put some cornflour into the juices to thicken it up. It needs nothing else only eating.

p.s. I do a lot of roasting int the slow cooker.

Comment

Salmon, pasta salad, sushi and a bottle of water from Foodland.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
            Sounds tasty Craig. I do mine nearly the same. I put everything into the slow cooker and then when it's cooked I remove the juice to make the gravy. Add a small few drops of oil and roast the pork and veggies in the slow cooker.
            I put some cornflour into the juices to thicken it up. It needs nothing else only eating.

p.s. I do a lot of roasting int the slow cooker.
            I do the additional oven roasting to crisp up the top. I think next time I'll sprinkle some brown sugar before final oven roasting. I use cornstarch for thickening (I wonder if that's the same?) instead of regular flour to make for a smoother silkier gravy.

Comment

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

hi tonight we're having leftover homemade meat stew on rice and we may have it with a lettuce salad and it'll be good.=O)

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Leftover cold Costco pizza and cold can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

I do the additional oven roasting to crisp up the top. I think next time I'll sprinkle some brown sugar before final oven roasting. I use cornstarch for thickening (I wonder if that's the same?) instead of regular flour to make for a smoother silkier gravy.

Cornstarch/cornflour is the same. Take some juice out and add a tea spoon of cornflour and a drop of milk. Then stir it well before adding it to the gravy.

Can I suggest that you put the brown sugar under the pork in the oven ? It gives a lovely flavour.

Comment

Roastzilla

One entire skinless pork shoulder, stuck all over with two big heads worth of garlic slivers, then rubbed with a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and liquid smoke. Into the oven at the lowest I can get the gas down to without it going out, turned once or twice and basted often, for about 12 hours. Smeared with brown sugar and mustard about halfway through.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your roastzilla sounds as good as mine, if not better. Mine wouldn't have fit into the slow cooker.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        Can I suggest that you put the brown sugar under the pork in the oven ? It gives a lovely flavour.
                        I'll try that next time. Thanks for that tip

Comment

hi,tonight,im frying turkeyburger's and we'll have rice and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have water or wine? it'll be good.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Meatloaf, veggies and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

single serve bag of microwave popcorn, a handful of wheat thins and a diet coke.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Noodles, black bean chicken and a cup of Diet Coke from U Choice In.

Comment

Working...
                                X