This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

Tonight will be tamales (from Costco), Mexican rice (from a box) and black beans (from a can).

Tomorrow will be leftover turkey and stuffing, candied yams.

Thursday will be jook and butterfish.

Comment

hi,tonight we're having meat stew on rice and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have water or her wine?

Tomorrow maybe leftover's on rice and it'll be good.

well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Sandwiches made from 2 birds, 1 cow, 2 types of plants, by products from another cow and another bird and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Let's see....tonight I barbequed some fresh caught dorado (mahi-mahi) fillets marinated in garlic butter. I wrap then in tin foil and put them on a medium hot propane grill (no brickets) and grill them exactly 5 minutes a side. We had white rice with kind of a buttery hollandaise sauce over the top, complimented by a fresh, mixed green salad with sliced roma tomatoes and avocado, and an oil dressing. This was balanced by a glass of nice Malbec from Argentina. Dessert was a small scoop of coconut and mango ice cream. We ate outside on the veranda by candlelight. As we ate, we watched two cruise ships leave Cabo San Lucas lit up like Christmas trees under a full moon.

Ahhhhhhhhh, life is good.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Fish (mahi mahi) taco plate at South Side Grill. And it was yum!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Fish (mahi mahi) taco plate at South Side Grill. And it was yum!
              But did you have your water or your wine?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Fried egg sandwiches on white bread, with ketchup.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  But did you have your water or your wine?
                  Wine not available...
                  Caffeine-free Mug root beer...on tap!

Comment

Fresh Grace Bakery bread, Cajun Smoked Salmon Spread, and some fresh fruit salad from Foodland. Also, several very strong Bacardi & Cokes!

BTW - where is South Side Grill?
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                      Also, several very strong Bacardi & Cokes!
                      Ana, may matapule suggest you try Meyer's Dark Rum to give your Cuba Libres a smoother more buttery taste. Also to make a somewhat less sweet drink, use Meyer's and Ginger Ale. BTW, uaifi refuses to drink Coke for political reasons, doesn't like Ginger Ale, so she uses Pepsi non diet.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

hi.tonight we're having steamed salmon with ginger with japanese radish and potato's and we'll have it with rice and i'll have my ususal diet soda and my mom may have water or wine? Not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Tonight it is homemade Mexican style hamburgers. That would be a hamburger patty with a thin slice of grilled ham on top and then all the condiments (like some jalapeno pepper) wrapped in a fresh bakery bun (bolillos). Add some tortilla chips (totopos) and some chunky avocado guacamole and were good to go. Uaifi will have a Pepsi and matapule will have an Arnold Palmer.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            Ana, may matapule suggest you try Meyer's Dark Rum to give your Cuba Libres a smoother more buttery taste. Also to make a somewhat less sweet drink, use Meyer's and Ginger Ale. BTW, uaifi refuses to drink Coke for political reasons, doesn't like Ginger Ale, so she uses Pepsi non diet.
                            I would rather drink Meyers Rum, and use Nelly & Joes Key Lime juice for it. But the cost has to be considered - so for now, it's Bacardi & lime juice from that green squeezy thingy.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              I would rather drink Meyers Rum, and use Nelly & Joes Key Lime juice for it. But the cost has to be considered - so for now, it's Bacardi & lime juice from that green squeezy thingy.

Also, Meyers Rum is good with orange juice too!
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                & lime juice from that green squeezy thingy.
                                Ana, do they grow fresh limes in Hawaii? We had them in Tonga. Baja limes (Key limes) are so plentiful here they almost give them away. That's what I use, fresh squeezed lime juice with a lime press. Baja limes which are about the size of a ping pong ball are much more flavorful and less stringent than regular limes that are the size of lemons. We put lime juice on everything! A non-alcoholic Lime Ricky is very refreshing on a hot afternoon. We make our Bloody Maria with fresh lime juice too.

Comment

Working...
                                X