Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Palin was for pulling the plug on Granny

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Those profits are based largely on denying care, not providing it.
    Yes, the insurance companies are the real "death panels."
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
      I wonder how much longer anyone is going to care what Sarah Palin thinks...
      Right On! It surprises me that I'm still hearing about this woman. I think the press is just keeping her in the news in hopes that Tina Fey will make another skit.
      ~~~~~~
      Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

I am usually really good about not swearing and even here I will try to edit carefully so as to not give direct offense but...those right wing nut cases who are taking guns to Presidential gatherings must be the biggest a holes in the world. Sorry.

Comment

While it was Sarah Palin who used the incendiary term, "death panels," the origin of that particular bit of misinformation came from former New York Lt. Gov. Betsy McCaughey.

McCaughey appeared on last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart..... and the host exposed the lies and distortions that McCaughey has been using to muddy up the health care reform debate. Watch the complete interview on thedailyshow.com website and see for yourself.

South Carolina senator Jim Demint has already been quoted as saying that derailing health care reform would be "Obama's Waterloo." He and other like-minded Republicans like McCaughey and Palin are resorting to red-herrings like death panels, not out of any genuine concern for the elderly, but because they see it as an opportunity for political gain. The GOP remembers how derailing the Clinton health plan in '94 led to their party taking over majorities in both the House and Senate in the mid-term elections that year. Guess what? They want an encore in 2010.... and to hell with the 47 million Americans who are uninsured. To hell with the millions of others who are insured, but are still at-risk for bankruptcy should they incur catastrophic medical costs in the event of a serious illness.

McCaughey and her ilk should be ashamed of themselves at their attempts to crowd out honest debate and discussion on the issue of health care reform. They want to get back into the seat of power, but at what cost?
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            McCaughey appeared on last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart..... and the host exposed the lies and distortions that McCaughey has been using to muddy up the health care reform debate. Watch the complete interview on thedailyshow.com website and see for yourself.
            I watched that segment prior to your posting this. In my opinion, the woman came across as bat guano crazy!, but I am sure her message resounds with a too large portion of the US populace, some of which are my relatives. What a bunch of tu'u mama'o!

I am very disappointed with Obama. He is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with his "super majority" in the Senate. So much for Hawaii's favorite son. I think the Dems will lose big in the 2010 elections if the big kahuna doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat by then. And there will be only one person to blame............
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Where's the Beef?

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...er+For+Charity

How much was your bid?

Comment

Working...
              X