X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1969: 40th anniversaries

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    [...]
    tutusue, if you saw the 90s version of hair (twas actually the 1990-1991 season) on a saturday night, you and i might have been in the same audience.[...]
    NOW I remember you!

Seriously, I have no idea what night I was there. I do remember my youngest spawn went with me as she was home from college for some holiday; probably Easter week, as it was known at that time! She, too, experienced the same revelation! My revelation was a bit different. I was seeing actors who had auditioned with me many times...nude! No, they weren't nude when they auditioned! And you're so right about the timeline. YS graduated in '91.

Comment

CSN&Y are still in my top 10.
      Eternal, universal music.

And Woodstock, as seamy as it was, gave us defining performances by Janis and Jimmy, which if we remember, is evidence that we weren't there.

Restless souls, Rest in Peace. But make music for the eternals.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I am having a hard time picking a choice here. I have to agree with Mel in that the Archies and "Sugar Sugar" was probably my top choice at that time. Soon to be followed by the Monkees and the Partridge Family. I personally believe there is a place for bubblegum music in the world. (What til you hear my next production by the O3's ) But then again, I was a kid and in my house, I was lucky enough to be able to hear the Archies on TV. (I was heavy into the 3 B's at that time - though not by choice).

Looking back, I think Woodstock has had the most powerful influence culturally, while Abbey Road has had the biggest influence musically. But my top favorite that I still listen too regularly would have to be CSN (with or without Y).

Comment

I voted for Woodstock. The choices are all good ones, but I think Woodstock was a defining moment that made a permanent impact on a whole generation and on the music culture in general.
          For the non-music discussion: 1969 was memorable for me as being the year that I graduated high school.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
          X