Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foods You Don't Like

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    Hmmmmm, last time I checked, I am a woman and I don't like chocolate. I even know other women who don't like it. Don't think its the hormones. Or maybe I'm just not balanced............. you never know.........
    A Long's employee once told me that the 2 products purchased together most often are chocolate and tampons!

In addition to Pomai's chocolate ice cream, I'll take any chocolate you don't want, acousticlady! For me, it's a food group unto it's own! This morning I had steel cut oatmeal mixed with diced crystallized ginger and sprinkled with bits of organic chocolate and fresh blueberries. Heaven!

Comment

Re: Foods You DON'T Like

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      It's no so much the taste but the smell and texture.
      I can't think of any food that smells like rotten tamago, but tastes great.

Comment

I'm a picky eater and there are a lot of foods I don't like. I don't like most vegetables and fruits. Don't like most seafood (except for battered, deep fried shrimp and filet o fish from McDonald's). Definitely do not like poi (although I am Hawaiian).

I do LOVE chocolate
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          How about foods you DON'T like?.
          Foos matapule no lik.......foos matapule no lik.......hhmmmmmm......ahhhhhhhh.......k'den, you no be matapule if go all wimpy 'bou' foos. In Tonga, shark liver no cook (fo'i'ati loli) is food reserved foa noble and matapule only. It grea honor!

Cilantro? yum yummy. Yesterday foa breafas matapule hab fri egg wit pico de gallo, avocado, melted cheese, an cilantro on top. Pur heaben! But no hab fo'i'ati loli hea.

Matapule hab no problem wit foos on Fea Fator on TB. Howeba, matapule hab fea ob high tings. Matapule get 5 fee off groun, matapule star tossin cookie!
          Last edited by matapule; August 17, 2009, 01:39 AM.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
            Hmmmmm, last time I checked, I am a woman and I don't like chocolate. I even know other women who don't like it. Don't think its the hormones. Or maybe I'm just not balanced............. you never know.........
            I heard chocolate was a substitute for sex. Maybe you're getting enough. I have to have it every day... chocolate, that is.

Comment

Asparagus
              Cauliflower
              Garden Salad
              Melons
              Pinto Beans

Comment

Bell Peppers. I hate the green ones. They taste... so... green. I don't mind the yellow or red ones.

Watercress. They have such a strong bitter taste! I don't mind if it's cooked or blanched, tho.

You can count me as one of those that hated cilantro as a child and grew to love it as an adult. I think I started to like it when I ate them in salsa or Bale sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  I have another co-worker who is Hawaiian, but she does not like Hawaiian food. We chide her about this (and so does her Father): "You're Hawaiian! How can you not like Hawaiian food?" Her reply: "It's too greasy!"
                  How can Hawaiian food be "greasy"? None of it is prepared using oil. All the main entrees are either roasted, steamed or stewed.

As for Natto, I can see those who don't like it because of its "snot-like" texture and (very much ill-perceived) controversial smell and/or flavor. Personally I LOVE Natto and eat it on a regular basis, which is kinda' ironic, as I'm not Japanese, yet perhaps Japanese at heart (it's my favorite cuisine). Perhaps kinda' like your friend/former co-worker who is Hawaiian at heart. Of course, I'm part-Hawaiian, so love Hawaiian food too.

Matapule, what is "foos"? I tried Googling that to no avail.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Balut

I eat everything else.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Foods You Don't Like - Natto

Here's a bowl of the ever-hated (yet I really dig!) Natto...

Natto from Iwamoto Natto Factory in Paia, Maui

Notice the ooey-gooey snot-like coating the beans pulls and sticks as you grab some to eat with your chopsticks. Good stuff! I say Natto tastes like finely-roasted coffee beans, having a robust and savory quality to it. Many others who detest Natto disagree, saying it taste like 'snot'. Whatever that tastes like. lol

This is how Natto looks as you froth it up in a bowl...

Stirring the natto vigorously with your chopsticks aerates it, making it even more ooey-gooey good!

Here's a plate of 'Nattchos' from Gyotaku on King Street...

GYOTAKU – Nattochos: Crispy Wonton Chips topped with Spicy Ahi and Onion Poke, Natto, Avocado, Yama-Imo (the white stuff), Green Onion, Daikon Sprouts, Nori and Sesame Seeds, $9.95 (full order shown)
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        A Long's employee once told me that the 2 products purchased together most often are chocolate and tampons!

In addition to Pomai's chocolate ice cream, I'll take any chocolate you don't want, acousticlady! For me, it's a food group unto it's own! This morning I had steel cut oatmeal mixed with diced crystallized ginger and sprinkled with bits of organic chocolate and fresh blueberries. Heaven!
                        Actually, that sounds like a great breakfast. I'd just leave out the chocolate pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                          I heard chocolate was a substitute for sex. Maybe you're getting enough. I have to have it every day... chocolate, that is.
                          Ha ha. I like that! Every day too...........

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            Howeba, matapule hab fea ob high tings. Matapule get 5 fee off groun, matapule star tossin cookie!
                            I seem to remembah anodda ting matapule hab fea ob.....dat made him toss cookies!

Ohhh...sorry, off topic.....

(matapule, you gotta be able to get shark liver on the coast of Mexico...fire up that boat and chum away. they will come to you!)

Comment

Anything spicy, don't get the attraction.
                              GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

Miracle Whip and tofu. But, these aren't even food, so...

Chocolate? Ever since someone said chocolate is an aphrodisiac you find it in everything, to the point where I now avoid it. Someone needs to make chocolate chip cookies without the chips. Big seller for those of us who pick them out!
                                Food and sex are two things I don't need more of!
                                Last edited by Ron Whitfield; August 17, 2009, 09:18 AM.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X