Foods You Don't Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foods You Don't Like

Digging through my food blog files, I thought this might be a rather disturbing food for some of you....

It's Hilo's own Kulana brand Blood Sausage....

Which is best eaten with (preferably runny sunny-side-up) eggs and rice...

Looks pretty gross, but OMG! does it taste awesome! In moderation of course.

I'm also a big fan of Dinuguan, a Filipino pork blood stew. Especially the soupy Tagalog style. Not so much for the more dry Ilocano style.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Food and sex are two things I don't need more of!
      Well, how very fortunate for you.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
        Actually, that sounds like a great breakfast. I'd just leave out the chocolate pieces.
        Cool! Send 'em my way!

Comment

Natto. Can't get enough of the stuff. Makes the best breakfast! I think a good way for people to experience natto for the first time, if they're potentially interested in trying it, but not quite ready for a full bowl of it, is to try a natto roll from any sushi joint. The small quantity of natto (relative to the quantity of rice and nori) makes a natto roll a palatable introduction to this delicacy, (perhaps) by the virtue of not seeing it!

Foods I loathe:

Eggs...any style. I could NEVER eat a sunny-side up egg in a million years. Never!

Dairy products. I can't bring myself to drink a glass of milk. Yeech.

"Football" olives from any crackseed shop.

Meat, poultry, and seafood. Can't bring myself to eat any of these either.
          Gimme tofu, natto, tempeh, and seitan any day over any of the above in their place.

Comment

Balut tops my list. Once was one time too many.

But, sorry, I don't like poi or lomilomi salmon. Can live without eggplant, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
              Natto. Can't get enough of the stuff. Makes the best breakfast! I think a good way for people to experience natto for the first time, if they're potentially interested in trying it, but not quite ready for a full bowl of it, is to try a natto roll from any sushi joint. The small quantity of natto (relative to the quantity of rice and nori) makes a natto roll a palatable introduction to this delicacy, (perhaps) by the virtue of not seeing it!
              Ugh...Natto smells like mastik. I can't imagine the first person who tasted it...(special efx Wayne's World drifting into imagination)...Oh man I'm so hungry I could eat a rotten cow...hey what's that stuff fermenting in the back of the refrigerator? Looks like Mastik...tastes like mastik...I could get used to this...eh get one name on this container, must be Richard's because it says Natto on it Oh well I'll just call dis stuff Natto...(exit Wayne's World special efx)...Brah and das how we got to eat da stuff today!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hmm, where do I begin?!

I HATE eggs. Any style, even the tiny bits in fried rice, I hate 'em. Balut? I just puked on my keyboard.

I would rather poke myself in the eye with a fork than eat meat, fish, poultry, pork, or shellfish. Anything that used to have eyes, I will not eat (except for potatoes)

Don't care for mushrooms or olives, custard, donuts, and I detest mayonnaise.

Oh, yeah, I don't like tofu either.
                Last edited by turtlegirl; August 18, 2009, 10:22 AM. Reason: add
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  hmm, where do I begin?!

I HATE eggs. Any style, even the tiny bits in fried rice, I hate 'em. Balut? I just puked on my keyboard.

I would rather poke myself in the eye with a fork than eat meat, fish, poultry, pork, or shellfish. Anything that used to have eyes, I will not eat (except for potatoes)

Don't care for mushrooms or olives, custard, donuts, and I detest mayonnaise.

Oh, yeah, I don't like tofu either.
                  Wow, I'm going to guess that you don't like milk and cheese, either?

I guess that's my problem. I eat almost anything, hence my weight problem.

I was at Quiznos one day, and a lady in front of me ordered a veggie sandwich... she said to leave out the onions, peppers, olives, cheese, and no dressing. I thought, but that leaves only bread, lettuce and tomato?

Comment

Oh, but I loooove milk and cheese! Especially cheese - cow, sheep, or goat cheese, please! (but NO head cheese) The more unusual, rare, or stinky, the better!
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I'm beginning to realize that there are a few folks on HT that I don't think I would want to invite to dinner - even if they might be totally charming.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        I'm beginning to realize that there are a few folks on HT that I don't think I would want to invite to dinner - even if they might be totally charming.
                        Ha, ha! I see your point!

I've gotten less picky as the years go by. But there are still a few things I WILL NOT eat: asparagus, cilantro, liver, mushrooms (I can usually just swallow them if they're mixed in something, same with peas), most fish (but I'll try it first), tofu, any kind of chewy processed fruit snack, strawberry-flavored stuff, and milk. Yep, milk. I quit drinking it when I was a baby and I won't touch it, even chocolate milk.

I don't really like chips either. Any kind. That's the normal stuff. I wouldn't eat that fertilizted egg embreyo (thanks for that, BTW, guys) or anything else that's out there.

Oh, I forgot about durian. That is some rank, rank crap.
                        Last edited by surlygirly; August 18, 2009, 12:39 PM.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I'll eat all "normal" foods except liver (tried that for the first time last year and it was nasty!) and rarely come across something that I don't like. I do find organs unappetizing though but I would probably try most of them if they were prepared right.
                          What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

BEETS! ugh...
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh My! we may have to start another thread called "Foods I Love". I love beets, any way you can cook them - I will eat them.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                                BEETS! ugh...

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                Oh My! we may have to start another thread called "Foods I Love". I love beets, any way you can cook them - I will eat them.
                                When I was a kid, the only beets I had ever tasted were canned. I hated them!

One day, someone gave my mom some fresh beets... and it was like a TOTALLY different food!
                                She cooked them, and they were YUM!

To this day, I don't care much for most CANNED vegetables...
                                But frozen or fresh, they're great!
                                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                                X