Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foods You Don't Like

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Liver (altho' I like most pates) and cilantro come to mind…
    Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Sue, yup, liver is another no-no for me. Bleck. I'll pass on Pâté and Foie Gras (duck or goose liver) as well.
    Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Cannot stomach liver, but I like chicken livers--strange.
    Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    LIVER, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, PEAS & Cottage Cheese!
    Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    Liver of any kind especially foie gras, offal…
    Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    But there are still a few things I WILL NOT eat: asparagus, cilantro, liver, mushrooms…
    Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
    I'll eat all "normal" foods except liver…
    Wow, Honoruru and I are definitely outnumbered on liver!

I must be one of the only people here who likes liver almost every way I've ever had it:
    calves' liver fried w/bacon & onions, chicken livers, liverwurst, rumaki, pâté, foie gras...

The only form of liver I've ever eaten but don't particularly care for is ake (raw liver, Hawaiian style).
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Hmm I like most food. Having served in the British Royal Navy. I would eat food that would make a goat puke.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        In Tonga, shark liver no cook (fo'i'ati loli) is food reserved foa noble and matapule only.
        Originally posted by musubi View Post
        The only form of liver I've ever eaten but don't particularly care for is ake (raw liver, Hawaiian style).
        You no can be matapule, brah! Fo'i'ati loli mean "swee lil gurlfren." Yum yummy!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

They put us on a survial course on an open boat in the Indian Ocean. The Britiish Admirallty have a strange sense of humour.
          Shark is disgusting and like cotton wool with pins in it.
          Dont go near it,,,,,, cause it smell like Pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
            Shark is disgusting and like cotton wool with pins in it.
            Dont go near it,,,,,, cause it smell like Pee.
            Shark, he say, human taste ono 'aupito but smell li tu'u mama'o!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I have to say that I am also a member of the anti-liver group, but that is most likely a result of only having eaten my mother's burnt liver and onions as a child. As I am typing this, the momory of that awful smell is coming back to me. It was so bad that I have refused to even try it again. Perhaps someday, but not yet.

Comment

I've always hated cooked carrots. I like raw carrots, but the cooked variety literally makes me want to puke. I will actually gag. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                  I've always hated cooked carrots. I like raw carrots, but the cooked variety literally makes me want to puke. I will actually gag. I wonder why?
                  My best friend is the same way! Maybe it's a texture thing? I don't like certain foods (Jello) just b/c of the texture. Nothing jiggly or slimey. I HATE slimey.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    My best friend is the same way! Maybe it's a texture thing? I don't like certain foods (Jello) just b/c of the texture. Nothing jiggly or slimey. I HATE slimey.
                    No, it's not the texture, because my friend insisted that I try her famous pureed carrot soup. I gagged after forcing down one sip. Kept gagging and tearing, just looking at the orange soupy mess. So weird. I should research my childhood, and see if there was any trauma associated with cooked carrots, hah.

Comment

With carrots, it could also be the taste. When carrots get to a certain temperature point in cooking, the chemistry changes and the sugar comes out. They get sweet. I personally can't stand cooked carrots, just because of the taste. I don't mind them slightly sauteed but will pick them out of foods like stew.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Awwwww, dang. Seriously, 2 days ago I thought we had too much fresh produce lying around the refridgerator, so I made carrot/peanut soup. I thought it was fantastic! I can't even imagine someone looking at that pureed orange goodness and thinking 'Yick!". I simmered the onions on low for an hour, and did the same w the carrots. It was so sweet and tasty!

I also have that 'texture' issue. One more thing I won't eat - gummy anything! Bears, worms, beans, rolls, fruits, whatever. Gross.
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I love tomatoes in any form - except for tomato juice. Ugh! It's definitely the texture. Can't get past it.

Comment

A solution would be to starve yourself until you'll eat anything.

Comment

Long rice.. I can't stand the look of its transparency. I dont like the texture at all. I LOVE noodles but these I just cannot seem to get past the aesthetics. There is this korean beef soup I love which features long rice, and they just sit in the bottom of my bowl untouched.
                              n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                                Awwwww, dang. Seriously, 2 days ago I thought we had too much fresh produce lying around the refridgerator, so I made carrot/peanut soup. I thought it was fantastic! I can't even imagine someone looking at that pureed orange goodness and thinking 'Yick!". I simmered the onions on low for an hour, and did the same w the carrots. It was so sweet and tasty!

I also have that 'texture' issue. One more thing I won't eat - gummy anything! Bears, worms, beans, rolls, fruits, whatever. Gross.
                                I love carrot soup. I turned someone on here to Carrot juice mixed with Orange juice. She could not even imagine those two together until she tried it. Now she is hooked.
                                n'importe

Comment

Working...
                                X