Sandwich Isles Communications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandwich Isles Communications

It was brought to my attention a few days ago that Sandwich Isles Communications is petitioning the FCC to overturn the NECA’s decision on May 5, 2009.This ruling declared that their operating costs for the new inter island submarine fiber-optic network do not qualify for subsidies.

http://tinyurl.com/nzl25u
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Sandwich Isles Communications

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
    It was brought to my attention a few days ago that Sandwich Isles Communications is petitioning the FCC to overturn the NECA’s decision on May 5, 2009.This ruling declared that their operating costs for the new inter island submarine fiber-optic network do not qualify for subsidies.
    http://tinyurl.com/nzl25u
    Interesting. I drive by their Kam Hwy facility (across from Wheeler AAF housing) a couple times a month and can't see how they bring in any revenue to pay for the building & fencing & property taxes, let alone the security payroll.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Re: Sandwich Isles Communications

Originally posted by Nords View Post
      Interesting. I drive by their Kam Hwy facility (across from Wheeler AAF housing) a couple times a month and can't see how they bring in any revenue to pay for the building & fencing & property taxes, let alone the security payroll.

They are taking advantage of the Federal Government's stupidity and lack of oversight and control of their subsidized programs. Sandwich Isles does not generate enough revenue to keep themselves afloat but they continue to burn and receive federal dollars.

Comment

Working...
      X