Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE "shared services agreement"

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Yes I agree, but if you keep dishing out bad advice I think it would eventually catch up with you. And because of this your respect and reputation might suffer too.

Aj
    The consultant can always fall back on the excuse that, "It wasn't my advice that was bad, it was the poor execution of the plan by the station staff."

A consultant is someone of whom you ask the time, and he/she looks at YOUR watch and tells you.

By the way ABC's overnight news program has been called "World News Now" since the early 1990's.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
      By the way ABC's overnight news program has been called "World News Now" since the early 1990's.
      Very true. I was going to say that, but stuck to the individual station markets instead.

Aj

Comment

The Magid guy at 9 way back when was instrumental in bringing in the boy news director on whose watch Bob Sevey got fed up and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          The Magid guy at 9 way back when was instrumental in bringing in the boy news director on whose watch Bob Sevey got fed up and quit.
          Hard to believe that Frank Magid, a college professor who taught statistics, anthropology and sociology would create a powerful consulting business that has been around for 50 years. His son runs the company now.

Harry Kovsky is another media consultant that has been around for YEARS.

It's always nice to listen to and seek out ways to improve your product but after all of that occurs, the best thing to do always is go with your gut feeling. I was taught that years ago and I didn't have to pay for that advice.

Aj

Comment

The latest from Erika Engle on the ongoing SSA issue.

http://bit.ly/2dmNQ9

Media Council Hawaii, which is fighting the deal before the Federal Communications Commission and has met with the U.S. Justice Department on alleged antitrust ramifications, also might involve some more federal alphabet soup.

"We're definitely going to be looking at the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) as another place to bring this whole issue," said President Chris Conybeare.

In the meantime, it plans a Dec. 2 forum in conjunction with its annual meeting titled "Save Local Television, Stop Big Media," from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.....
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just going through the motions, to make it appear the people have a voice.

Like someone else said-- done deal.

Comment

Stacey Loe leaving KGMB/KHNL Hawaii News Now

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...ml?mobile=true
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Stacey will be missed, but I can't fault her priorities. Family should come first. As for Hawaii New Snow, this could be a blessing in disguise. I don't think the 3 anchor format works that well. The third anchor always seems like an afterthought. The introductions and story handoffs feel awkward, and the whole flow seems a bit rough. At least, that's my stupid opinion!
                  No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryPrice View Post
                    Stacey will be missed, but I can't fault her priorities. Family should come first. As for Hawaii New Snow, this could be a blessing in disguise. I don't think the 3 anchor format works that well. The third anchor always seems like an afterthought. The introductions and story handoffs feel awkward, and the whole flow seems a bit rough. At least, that's my stupid opinion!
                    Yeah, I agree.

The 3-anchor format has potential, but I think it's been executed terribly. Stacy feels like the odd one out at 10PM.

Comment

Story circulating that "they" were going to change her schedule (don't know where she was pointed), and she decided she didn't want to do that. "They" must also have seen that the extra anchor late was superfluous.

I have to marvel at the anchor endurance. Most of them are on for 2 straight hours (5 - 7 pm) among the various stations. That's got to be exhausting - really. All that smiling . . . nah nah nah.

Comment

Loe's a local girl and dates back to the Bob Jones era, which seems like eons ago. She paid her dues over the years and was rewarded with the top
                        co-anchor spot, Kim G left for the same reasons too. Family should always come first that is if you can afford to stay home. If you want or need to work a 9 to 5 schedule in the news biz you can't work those hours, especially if you are on-air talent. She's very nice, talented and well respected and that helps in any line of work.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Stacey Loe leaving KGMB/KHNL Hawaii News Now
                          She has been with KGMB for almost 20 years? Did she start from high school?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            She has been with KGMB for almost 20 years? Did she start from high school?
                            I think she graduated from Kaiser HS around 1986, then college at UH Manoa, then KGMB, which would put that at around 20 years.

Aj
                            Last edited by Kalihiboy; November 17, 2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                              I think she graduated from Kaiser HS around 1986, then college at UH Manoa, then KGMB, which would put that at around 20 years.

Aj

She interned at KGU that's where I met her...albeit also at Studebakers where she worked as a waitress thru college then went to KGMB.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

FCC rejects Congressman's letter on KGMB KHNL KFVE merger http://bit.ly/4ehzYR
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X