KFC is getting cheap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFC is getting cheap.

Is it just the Kapolei KFC or what? I ordered a meal with a biscuit and I got a dinner roll instead. I dont understand...I want my biscuit!

I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Re: KFC is getting cheap.

Oooh, I hate it when take-out places get my order wrong. Maybe because I discover it when I'm already home or at work, and I'd have to go all the way back to correct the error. And I'm hungry! It can be such a small thing, too, yeah? I remember getting all bitchy over... no fries (McDonald's), wrong pizza (Pizza Hut), no bacon in my sub sandwich (Quiznos), no mandoo (Yummy's), no dressing (Bale). I try to remember and check before I leave, but I usually don't.

Comment

Nowhere in Texas gives you a roll when they can give you a biscuit instead. I'm surprised Taco Bell doesn't hand out biscuits with their burritos.

But certain KFCs don't have Mac n' Cheese and THAT pisses me off. I totally get it when you're craving something and they don't have it and you're really bummed b/c that was part/the whole reason you went there in the first place. I'm sorry.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Sorry they didn't have the bisquit, since that's what you wanted. But I ate at KFC in Mililani on Sunday and they gave me a dinner roll too. I like the roll better, so I was happy.

And, as long as we're on KFC. MMMMMM the chicken was sooooo gooooood!

Comment

I haven't seen a KFC in Hawaii offer Mac & Cheese, I wish they did.

Comment

Idk though. They didnt say anything about "Dinner Rolls" on the menu. A meal clearly says 2 peices of chicken with a side and a biscuit.

Sorry, but a dinner roll does not equal a biscuit. Lol yeah. I guess I'm pretty salty. I was bummed they didnt have the mac & cheese either. Its another side I get while I'm in the mainland for school.
            I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Comment

I gots the answer for this one...I went through the drivethru at Mililani last week....there was a sign taped to the microphone...no biscuits until the new shipment of biscuit mix (or whatever )comes in 8/24.

I hated to tell them that Walmart sells flour, salt and shortening...they could make their own. Costco sells BIG boxes of Bisquick--recipe right on the box.

I was so looking forward to the biscuits, had to make some this week.

Comment

I suggest they offer a choice, biscuit or dinner roll. Plus, all the sides you can get anywhere else.

I love fine dining, but no finer food can be had for any price than original recipe KFC.

Comment

Mmm. Flour, shortening, milk, salt...and don't forgit the gravy, ya hear now? I don't eat biscuits and gravy (I have Yankee parents), but my husband can sure eat the hell out of them! And it has to be WHITE gravy. To me gravy = slimy yuck, but to each their own. I like the KFC mac n' cheese b/c it's totally fake cheese and usually has big lumps of powder somewhere near the bottom. It's great for after the dentist! Mmm. Wish I'd known Oahu didn't have it before we went to 3 different KFCs out there. But South Padre didn't have it either, nor did North Little Rock, so I think it's the franchise decision.

I'm going to have to go get biscuits tomorrow- thanks, guys!

Comment

I think Foodland or Star Market have already made biscuits in a 4 or 6 pack if you have a fixin' for it.

Comment

am I the only one who remembers when KFC offered the roll exclusively? I mean, years ago. I used to love to sop my gravy and mashed potatoes with those rolls. I much prefer them.

when did they start offering biscuits? I have eaten at kfc for awhile and was just used to the biscuits I had forgotten about the rolls.
                      n'importe

Comment

there are signs at the counters as well - no biscuits until August 24. Seems laughable to me - at the time I saw the sign it was two weeks until the 24th.
                        What . . . coming by slo' boat? Even a slo' boat is more fast than two weeks . . .

Comment

I LOVE KFC! I have eaten it at every country in the world that I have visited (where I saw a KFC). The menu is different in each country. I personally think Australia has the BEST KFC - because of the seasoned fries and the chicken isn't too greasy. Australia and New Zealand KFC's don't offer biscuits (or scones as we call them) which was very disappointing to my American husband and kids but once they tried the chips (fries) and gravy - they were hooked and did not miss the biscuits at all. Down Under, they only offer dinner rolls, which I like a lot!

I think I'm going to have KFC for lunch now - even though KFC here in HI is well down on my list of best KFC's in the world.
                          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

If we're talking rolls, Grandy's are my favorite. Mmm. And you can buy those seperately. I snuck them into a movie once.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                              I gots the answer for this one...I went through the drivethru at Mililani last week....there was a sign taped to the microphone...no biscuits until the new shipment of biscuit mix (or whatever )comes in 8/24.
                              Ah!!!! Certainly NOT the first time KFC Hawaii franchise owner Kazi Foods has tried to pull a fast one on local consumers. Remember folks. These are the same bozos who turned their back on honoring the free grilled chicken coupons that Oprah gave out.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...2&postcount=17

Someone replied with a "live and let live" attitude to my complaint. But if consumers let the powers-that-be at Kazi Foods get away with this kind of shenanigans, the problem will only get worse, not better.

"Oooops!!! We didn't order enuff grilled chicken for the Oprah promotion last time. Sorry about your coupons going to waste. Tsk, tsk! Such a shame."

"Oooops!!! We didn't order enuff biscuit mix to get through the month of August. Tsk, tsk! Here, take a dinner roll instead."

"Short changing customers in Hawaii to save a few bucks? Who me?!?!?"
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X