No announcement yet.

Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab pau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab pau?

Drove by BLC today and the sign in the door said CLOSED. I also heard that the liquor license was revoked Anyone know what the scoops are?

Right now I'm jonesing for the steak pupu & Ehu Ale...and hey! They have my mug!

Re: Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch & Crab pau?

A couple of months ago a friend and I stopped by for breakfast about 9:30am. They weren't open. When we drove around the back to exit on the makai side of Nimitz my friend saw a door open and someone standing inside. We stopped and asked and were told it would be open for lunch. I told my mainland friend that sumthin' must be up 'cuz the name of the restaurant is Breakfast Lunch & Crab.

I've always liked that restaurant. I hope it survives.

Comment

I seem to recall that when Sam Choy's on Kapahulu closed several months ago, they were going to rename the BLC location. But they never did.
      Don't know if that means anything in whatever is or isn't going on over there.
      Anybody try picking up the phone and calling them?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Got the scoops. BLC closes after lunch and re-opens for happy hour/dinner around 4-4:30pm. So I was too early the day I passed by. Yes, they were not serving liquor (tax problem) for a while, but are back to business as usual.

Good to hear as this has been a favorite of mine since it opened, and my Wife loves the crab specials.

I'll be dropping in there soon.

Comment

Thanks for the update, makes sense to have some down time between service. I like their food and always enjoy lunch there.

Comment

I have a colleague who has a relative who works at BLC. Evidently they were closed for breakfast for awhile but are once again open early.

Comment

hi,my apologies for my post only i wasnt able to locate the correct post on sam choy and how good he look's. i saw his new show last night and he look's great. since he didnt have any guest's,it was like when his first show started many year's back only at this time,he does look good as always.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
              X