Mountain Dew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Dew

Been seeing the TV commericals that Mountain Dew Livewire will be out this summer. This is orange favored version.

While I tend to go for the regular Mountain Dew, the others versions are okay, my co-workers who drink it tend to go for Mountain Dew - Code Red.

This is a bummer, I can't add a poll after I post it.

Looks like you can after all.
    Regular Mountain Dew
    33.87%
    Mountain Dew - Code Red
    9.68%
    Mountain Dew - Livewire
    4.84%
    Diet Mountain Dew
    14.52%
    Don't care which version I drink
    1.61%
    Don't drink this brand of soda
    35.48%
    Last edited by helen; April 27, 2004, 11:38 PM. Reason: Adding the poll

Re: Doing the Dew

I can drink GALLONS of Mountain Dew!

I voted for the ORIGINAL! The others are just....uncivilized.

Comment

Diet Dew does it for me. Back last year when they were promoting MD Code Red, they even had Diet Code Red - now that, I really liked! I haven't seen it since, though.

Comment

I haven't checked the Mountain Dew web site for about a year now but according to it they also offer a Caffeine Free version of Mountain Dew but it seems that it is not sold in Hawaii. And even before that someone who used to be from Hawaii but lived in Canada at the time said that they have it there.

Comment

Man...............What a thread.......
          I use to drink this stuff all the time (long time ago) ,24 oz. at a time,
          untill it started to make my teeth ache!.
          In fact, it triggered a tooth ache so much,
          that I had to have a root canal & a gold tooth cover for it.
          I think it was all that sugar contents that was in it.
          So I stoped drinking the darn thing,
          Sorry gang. un fortunately,
          I think I have neglected to mention that to my best friend,
          & she gave me a one litter bottle when she visited me last,
          & I think it took me a month & a half or so to finish it.
          Thank goodness it's gone.

(I'm not in a habbit of waisting someone's offer/gift given to me.)

Aloha & Take care.
          Last edited by Serenity; July 14, 2004, 08:11 AM.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I like the original one. But I don't drink as much, because I can detect when something has too much sugar. And since when they have a "diet" Mountain Dew?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I was surprised to learn on TV that Mountain Dew actually contains a splash of orange juice. You can taste it if you're looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                And since when they have a "diet" Mountain Dew?
                At least 10 years or more.

Comment

I don't think I have ever tasted Mountain Dew in any version, but I do use their bottles to disguise beer when I'm drinking it in places I shouldn't be.

Comment

if i drink soft drinks its original dew!!but,i'm with serenity,can't anymore cause my teeth..my other 1/2 loves the diet dew tho..i have bags &bags of all those orange caps he saves 4 all the contests..when they had the contest about winning free basketball jerseys was pretty cool.all we had to do was log online,then mail cap in &got the prize within 2 weeks...he won about 10 of em!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                      I was surprised to learn on TV that Mountain Dew actually contains a splash of orange juice. You can taste it if you're looking for it.
                      Mountain dew also contains brominated vegetable oil. That's an odd ingredient in a soft drink...
                      Last edited by 808_m3; August 13, 2004, 07:17 AM.

Comment

True but what gets me is what is listed as other natural flavors after the orange juice. There is more of that than the brominated vegetable oil.

Comment

I don't drink sodas regularly, but often enough to not keep what I REALLY like in the house. I drank Vanilla diet coke, being of the Coke generation, till I tried Vanilla Diet Pepsi when my coke wasn't available, and wow, I like the vanilla diet pepsi better. Seems the vanilla flavor is stronger with the Pepsi version, but I don't like plain Pepsi better than plain Coke. When running errands, and I want a caffeine pickerupper (g) it's nice to have a taste that I enjoy, quickly available.
                          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Managed to drink a bottle of Mountain Dew today that was expired two weeks ago. It was okay unlike the time a friend who gave me a can of Diet Coke that the freshness date expired 6 months before.

Comment

back in the 70's in Idaho, "Doing the Dew" meant taking a piss so I cannot imagine why one would want to associate their soft drink with urine. Hmmm it kinda does look like piss and drinking enough of Mountain Dew (Deer Piss) can make you want to urinate.

"Doing the Dew" probably came from the Texas term, "Shakin the dew off the lilly" which basically meant the same as taking a piss.

Then there's Coors beer made with Rocky Mountain Water. That phrase later evolved into Rocky Mountain Piss Water. So you got Mountain Piss water and you got Mountain Dew (water) (piss) So Doing the Dew to me makes as much sense of pissing than anything else.

So go ahead, Do the Dew either way you'll be pissing it out anyway.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X