Social Networks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Networks

Well, it does say if you're not sure where to put it, put it here. And I guess this doesn't really belong in Circuits.

So, the question is: what is your favorite social network?

I'm on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and BearShare, and Facebook is definitely my favorite. Reminds me of the old Lynch Mob days.

Re: Social Networks

Must admit, I spend the most time on BearShare, but that's mainly because I'm constantly downloading music from it.

But it made my day when a 17-year-old lad from Yugoslavia accepted my offer of friendship there this morning.

Ain't the Internet wonderful?

Comment

Facebook. I don't pay extra to text on my phone so Twitter is out, I don't even turn on my phone unless I leave the house for the alarm!

Comment

Facebook! Haven't even looked at the Twitter site. No interest...yet! Never got into MySpace and wouldn't have given Facebook a 1st or 2nd thought had it not been for my friend who uploaded photos of his newborn and that was the only way for me to see them! And the rest, as they say, is history!

I've spent most of this week-end communicating with high school friends, one in particular who uploaded a bunch of photos, circa 1961. That was just so much fun however the fun was offset by the sadness felt at learning of the deaths of a few of my close friends during that time...a couple of 'em who are in the photos along side of me. I've spent most of the last 2 days feeling 16 again!

Comment

never been to any of those places. heck, i've never even done chatrooms.

Comment

There are some food forums that I like to make opinions on.

Comment

Well, Sharilyn, I'm very sure you would enjoy facebook.com

Comment

When we moved to HI from the East Coast, Facebook was the choice for our family to keep track of each other, and it blossomed from there.

Comment

Twitter, albeit begrudgingly; but now that I'm there, I'm likely to get more "into it" as time passes. Nice to see several HT folks, past & present, there.

Might join Facebook someday - not just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Facebook! Haven't even looked at the Twitter site. No interest...yet! Never got into MySpace and wouldn't have given Facebook a 1st or 2nd thought had it not been for my friend who uploaded photos of his newborn and that was the only way for me to see them! And the rest, as they say, is history!

I've spent most of this week-end communicating with high school friends, one in particular who uploaded a bunch of photos, circa 1961. That was just so much fun however the fun was offset by the sadness felt at learning of the deaths of a few of my close friends during that time...a couple of 'em who are in the photos along side of me. I've spent most of the last 2 days feeling 16 again!
                    Tell your friend about wee-web.com It's a great alternative to facebook and they don't own your content when you upload to them like facebook does. I use it for my newborn to share pictures and videos with my family/friends. Unlimited photo uploads and unlimited video if you pay $30 for the year. OR, unlimited video if you embed it from another site.

As for me, Facebook all the way. I have a twitter account but I'm not all that impressed by it. It's got potential in my eyes though.
                    -kp!

Comment

Our teen daughter is closer to our cousins & aunties on Facebook than I've ever been in real life or through e-mail. She keeps up with them so that I don't have to, other than explaining the genealogy and historic dramas.

I see Facebook as a vast time-sucker filled with people who I haven't bothered to keep in touch with for 30 years, and they haven't bothered to reciprocate. We didn't make the time to track each other down with the earlier versions of networking sites like Classmates.com or photo sites. We have nothing to say to each other on narrow-bandwidth systems; why should that change just because it's broadband? I'm not that hard to find, and it seems to be a better use of everyone's time to wait for the ones who really care-- the ones who send their e-mails of subject "Hey, why aren't you on Facebook?!?"

I like the discussion-board concept better, especially if it's educational:
                      http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

facebook here, myspace just for band updates and stuff, but don't really participate on myspace.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Working...
                        X