Who would you most like to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you most like to meet?

There's a "who have you met" thread, but that's about HT folks. Expanding it to the world, who are the three people you'd most like to meet?

My list woujld be:

1 - Brad Pitt
    2 - Meryl Streep
    3 - Tiger Woods

Re: Who would you most like to meet?

From any time in history or do they have to be alive now?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It depends on the condition that he/she can't lie and say what's really on their mind.

Comment

Well, I was thinking about people alive, capable of being met.

And you'd impose conditions first?! Sheez, I'd be so honored to meet the three on my list I wouldn't even think of a pre-condition.

Probably also wouldn't be able to think of anything to say, but that's another problem.

"Mister Pitt, could I kiss your toes?" Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
          There's a "who have you met" thread, but that's about HT folks.[...]
          Actually, there's another thread that pertains to celebrities who HT folks have already met...but I'm too lazy to search for it.

This thread has a different spin! For me:

1. Robin Williams
          2. Barack Obama
          3. Ellen Degeneris

Tomorrow it might be 3 others!

Comment

My Dad
            Leonardo da Vinci
            Captain North

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Actually, there's another thread that pertains to celebrities who HT folks have already met...but I'm too lazy to search for it.
              And I am too lazy to link it to this thread, but I did tag it (use famous, it will give you less results than using lists). Anyway my list of 3 are:

1. M. Night Shyamalan
              2. J.J. Abrams
              3. J. Michael Straczynski

Comment

1. Someone who would give me a scholarship so I can finish my last 8 courses and finally graduate from college.

2. Someone who lives in Oahu and wants to do a complete (but fair) house swap with us.

3. Someone who will give my husband a good-paying job in Oahu so we can move back.

There. Not too exciting, but those are really the people I want to meet right now.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  ... or do they have to be alive now?
                  Personally, if someone is no longer alive, I'd rather not meet them, thank you very much. The dead are such lousy conversationalists.

Comment

Anybody who is nice. Everyone has an interesting story to tell. Matapule learns some of the darndest things by just striking up a converstion. Matapule enjoys serendipity.
                    Last edited by matapule; August 28, 2009, 07:20 AM.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

CAMERON CROWE
                      Wolfgang Puck
                      Eric Ripert
                      my "birth" mother
                      Isaac Mizrahi

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        And I am too lazy to link it to this thread, but I did tag it (use famous, it will give you less results than using lists). Anyway my list of 3 are:

1. M. Night Shyamalan
                        2. J.J. Abrams
                        3. J. Michael Straczynski
                        The engineering firm I work for did the engineering for M. Night, wanna know where he lives?

Too many people for me. I suppose:

1. Kieth Primeau
                        2. Mike Rowe
                        3. Captain Phil Harris

Only cause those 3 to me represent good honest hard working guys and I admire that about them.
                        -kp!

Comment

1. Queen of England

2. General Shinseki

3. Oprah
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Personally, if someone is no longer alive, I'd rather not meet them, thank you very much. The dead are such lousy conversationalists.
                            I was thinking of dead people who I just want to ask one question. There's Lee Harvey Oswald who I would ask if he was the lone gunman. There are also famous unsolved murders such as the Zodiac Killer, Bob Crane, or Jack the Ripper and ask who did it. I don't think I need to ask Nicole Brown because I'm 99.9% sure who killed her. That's why I wanted the precondition that they can't lie.

Comment

1. Nelson Mandela

2. Frank Shorter, winner of the marathon in '72 Munich Summer Olympics. I remember watching him and Karel Lismont (Belgium) duke it out the last couple of miles of the 26.2 race through a same day tape-delay broadcast. I was amazed and in awe of the fact that these athletes were essentially sprinting the last portion of this impossiblely long-distanced race and at that time, I wondered how two runners had so much left in them after 24 miles. The race had a profound effect on me. It planted the seeds of wonder in me to see if I could perhaps someday conquer the marathon distance myself, which I have on 21 occasions to date. (Best time: Boston '98 2:59:18; Best finish: Honolulu '99 203rd overall) I clearly owe my continuing interest in long-distance running to his victory in Munich.

3. Deborah Gibson. Happy birthday, Debbie! You'll always be special to me! (Her birthday is this coming Monday, August 31st. She'll be 39.)

Comment

Working...
                              X