Best Hawaii-based show ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Hawaii-based show ever

What is your pick for the best TV show filmed in Hawaii? I listed the Big 3 (Hawaii Five-0, Magnum P.I., and Lost). But feel free to mention any other series.
    Hawaii Five-0 (1968-1980)
    39.29%
    Magnum P.I. (1980-1988)
    25.00%
    Lost (2004-present)
    17.86%
    Other
    17.86%
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Best Hawaii-based show ever

North Shore!

Just kidding!

Magnum P.I.

Comment

The Byrds of Paradise

Really thought it was a great show. The network didn't give it a chance.
      Only ran one season from '93 to '94. Had Arlo Guthry, a young Jennifer Love Hewitt, Seth Green and more... Oh well.

But I enjoy "LOST" now.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Those are all good shows, but Let's Go Fishing, for the fond memories it brings and for its cultural impact, gets my vote.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          The Byrds of Paradise

Really thought it was a great show. The network didn't give it a chance.
          Only ran one season from '93 to '94. Had Arlo Guthry, a young Jennifer Love Hewitt, Seth Green and more... Oh well.

But I enjoy "LOST" now.
          I agree with you on the Byrds of Paradise it was fun to watch.

Comment

I have a soft spot for Five-0 because it helped put our film industry on the map. It also added fuel to my desire to move to Hawaii.

Comment

Lost is going to end after it's 6th season (2009-2010), also while it's filmed in Hawaii, with the exception of one episode it never portrays Hawaii as a location.

Comment

True, Helen, but the show is "based" in Hawaii which is the criteria of FM's poll.

Comment

Baywatch Hawaii.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Stacy Kamano recently?
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Hawaii Five-0 gets my vote. Dog the Bounty Hunter, though not a show in the traditional sense, makes for some pretty good viewing.

Comment

Deffinitely Hawaii 5-0.
                      Never watched it growing up in LA, but got into once I got here in '75, and then really dug it after watching them film an episode nearby in Honolulu Harbor. Love watching it for the 70s nostalgia effect.
                      Before the day's shoot on Tommy Akana's Royal Prince tourist yacht (where The FOC now forelornly sits), Jack Lord roared onto the pier's parking lot (now the Maritime Museum), in the famous black Marquis and stops right where I was doing my morning boatwork.
                      He get's out in full McGarrett attire (and hair!), then extends his hand to me and introduces himself. I'd have never known...
                      He had a love affair with the sea and boats, so we talked a bit about the old 160' schooner I lived on at Pier 6 before he went to work. Knowing he was a seaman I invited him to sail with us someday, and I wish that would've happened.
                      Gotta say, that guy knew how to look sharp!
                      Last edited by Ron Whitfield; September 1, 2009, 11:07 AM.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        True, Helen, but the show is "based" in Hawaii which is the criteria of FM's poll.
                        Do you know if "Hawaiian Eye" was actually filmed here? I ask you since you are such a powerhouse of film/TV info!

Comment

I dug the single-season (1998-1999) remake of "Fantasy Island," with Malcolm McDowell as a rather Satanic Mister Roarke. It had a wonderful dark-humor edge to it.

Comment

Aside from establishing shots and stock footage of the isles, Hawaiian Eye was almost entirely filmed on Warner Brothers studio backlot in Burbank.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              I dug Fantasy Island.
                              I liked it only for the fact that they used 'Mark's pier' for the opening sequence and various other shots during the time I lived in Waikane and occassionally went out on the pier for fun with friend's of Mark. And for watching for bits of traffic on Kam. Hwy. that they weren't able to hide.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                              X