Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Man Slaps Strangers Crying Child at a Wal-Mart Store

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
    Discipline.....Rage read my previous post. When one can't control themselves out of anger while in their mind disciplining a child will often result in the child being injured. What does that teach the child?

Ever hear of shaken baby syndrome?
    I have 1 boy who is now a doctor and 3 3irls. 1 is a teacher and 1 is studying medicine. The baby girl is 19 has gone back to resist her A levels. She has got the concentration of a fruit fly.
    I have never smacked any of them.
    Of course I have heared of baby shaken syndrome,,,, what could be sadder or badder ?

(Having said all this.... if Kathy the 19 year old doesent get good A level resulst, then she may get a smack on her ear.)

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      [...]The same lady who smacked your legs would give you a toffee apple the next day.
      And we wonder why so many adults are so f#%&ed up. This is just one of many reasons. How the heck is a child supposed to understand abuse/assault one day and a toffee apple/kindness the next? Abuse is never acceptable...in my book.

Comment

just cause we're all human, doesn't give us an excuse to act like animals.
        I dunno. Animals are much better at disciplining their offsprings than humans.

Moms eating their youngs are very rare, though.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Discipline.....Rage read my previous post. When one can't control themselves out of anger while in their mind disciplining a child will often result in the child being injured. What does that teach the child?
          To discipline out of emotion like anger is abuse. If you must discipline your child, first discipline yourselves. Keep your emotions in check while your correct your child's behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            Good for him! Twice would've probably been enough, though.
            So back to the original question. If a total stranger walked up to your TWO year old and starting slapping them across the face cause they were crying, you'd sit back and approve?

What if your child is crying because he/she has a tooth ache, is sick, or not feeling well somehow?
            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
              So back to the original question. If a total stranger walked up to your TWO year old and starting slapping them across the face cause they were crying, you'd sit back and approve?
              I'd kick him in the groin, hold him in a full-nelson kneeling position, and have my [future] kid punch him in the groin repeatedly until he bleeds down there, and then I'll raise my future MMA champion on my shoulder in praise.

Sorry, I better put my anti-violence filter back on.

Comment

How can people behave like that in a Wal-mart?

Comment

Well, I, for one, would like to commend that poor mother for not getting into a slapping match with the old man. Letting store security and law enforcement deal with him was the right thing to do. I can only imagine how shocked the mom must have been, and she likely wanted to get away from that man ASAP!

What would I have done? Started screaming for help at the top of my lungs!!!
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

This sounds like a scene from a play called Da People You Meet at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                      Well, I, for one, would like to commend that poor mother for not getting into a slapping match with the old man. Letting store security and law enforcement deal with him was the right thing to do. I can only imagine how shocked the mom must have been, and she likely wanted to get away from that man ASAP!

What would I have done? Started screaming for help at the top of my lungs!!!
                      But what a tita mom would do? Ground n Pound.

Comment

I don't get how some people think it's OK to hit someone else's child. Is it also OK to go up to an adult and hit them across the face four or five times? Maybe he should pick on someone his own size.

Comment

I have wanted to slap parents in public for making their children cry...

This situation stabbed my gut. Two year olds are just that and life is hard enough, both getting through that stage, and/or raising 'em.

I am all about the village, and yes, my kids have been scolded by others as have I scolded others' kids (just did so last night), but in that mom's situation, I would hope that I cleaned him in the ear or throat.

If my baby is going to have to go through life remembering this assault, then I want my baby to remember Mamma defending her, all other consequences being added details...

pax

Comment

Working...
                          X