aloha from south georgia!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aloha from south georgia!!

"aloha ya'll"...this is my 1st time doin this,so please bear with me..not even sure i'm doin this right..juss got home & found a birhtday greeting from hawaiithreads...it really made my day!! all my dad's ohana is still in hawaii...(molokai,maui & honolulu)my mom took us from palolo when i was 4.went back again @14 for 1 yr.so have spent a long long time in south ga. with mom's haole family....am finally going home to molokai to visit ohana in october....think i'll shock alot of people!!38 yrs old today &most haven't seen me since i was 4...i look juss like all of em..but talk like gomer pyle!!haha!!anyway..mahalo for the birthday wish...peace to all.....makepagirl

Re: aloha from south georgia!!

South Georgia?

Further down than Columbus?

Comment

yep!! waaaay down there..about an hour or so from the florida line..where the okefenokee swamp is...my dad usta be stationed @fort benning in columbus..(back in '64)..

Comment

Welcome Makepagirl! Yeah, that's pretty south. I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead here in October, accent or not. I married a southern girl myself (from Florida), so I know.

How did you keep the Hawaiian spirit alive way over there? Have you had much Hawaiian food in Georgia? Be sure to bring some of that barbeque... it's one of the few things I really loved about visiting the in-laws.

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Comment

"my dad usta be stationed @fort benning in columbus..(back in '64)."

Me, too. Even earlier than that.

Comment

sorry!!there's no hawaiian food "hea" @ all!! my 2nd hubby is a "dang yankee"..that means one that chose to move south!!haha!!!he's the cook in the house..and he looooves to bbq!!and of course he uses my dad's secret "kamuela's teriyaki marinade" on alot of stuff..which after i got on line,i found out its your regular ole hawaiian recipe!we did make laulau recently with spinach &fish (my son eats no meat)..also learned to make haupia..sad to say my 1st try was a jiggley mess...as 4 the hawaiian spirit??ya know people have always said i talk too much &never meet a stranger..my home is always open to all..and there's always plenty food..have 2 rules..shoes off @ the door & no bad vibes...while growing up here there were no other polynesian families..i moved away for 9 yrs,came back & bam!! there's @ least 10 assorted families..and i'm the only one each knows.(i do collections in the local video store)...so we're planning a gathering @my house to introduce everyone..from maui,oahu,guam,philipinnes,marshall islands...IT'S AMAZING!!!juss hearing all the pidgin makes my heart sing.......

Comment

Working...
            X