Colt survives cut, but "out for the year"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt survives cut, but "out for the year"

Reports from Redskins say Colt Brennan has been placed on injured reserve and is "out for the year." Chase Daniel "may" make the practice squad.

Re: Colt survives cut, but "out for the year"

Poor Colt. Dame Fortune is not being kind to him.

Comment

Dang, life can be rough. Also there is the UH "big fish, small pond" vs professional "small fish, big pond" element. But best of luck to Colt, he has been steadfast in being a good example for sportmanship.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Is he that hurt that he can't play for the whole season?
        Chase Daniels didn't make the team. He's too short, and he can't scramble like a Doug Flutie type.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Is he that hurt that he can't play for the whole season?
          He has a torn hamstring, and also another hip injury. Big bummer!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Redskins in turmoil - coach on the verge of being fired, first-strong quarterback benched in the second half yesterday and second-stringer didn't do much. Too bad Colt's out - could possibly benefit. On the other hand - if I read stuff correctly earlier - the coach (Zorn) is one of Colt's backers?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
              Redskins in turmoil - coach on the verge of being fired, first-strong quarterback benched in the second half yesterday and second-stringer didn't do much. Too bad Colt's out - could possibly benefit.
              The Redskins could use a Colt Brennan to spark their offense. Their offense this year has been horrible.

Comment

What's going to happen with the QB position now that Coach Mike Shanahan is coming to head the Skins? "Mr. Negative" Skip Bayless said that they should have Jason Campbell battle with Colt Brennan for the starting job.

Comment

I think Colt got some good eye from Zorn that told him they should keep Colt. That won't be the case with Shanahan, and Colt will have to start from scratch to prove himself while the new guy tries to bust butts.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Tony Kornheiser and the journalists who contribute to his radio program seem to be in agreement that Jason Campbell is a pretty-good quarterback -- perhaps a top fifteen guy -- with whom the 'Skins could win a championship in the right situation, but not a star quarterback. Campbell is a restricted free agent this year, but I don't think other teams are going to be beating a path to his door. This means that any offers that come Campbell's way won't be tough for the Redskins to match.

The consensus among contributors to the program seems to be that the 'Skins should keep Campbell. I agree. They might as well see what they've got.

Kornheiser did say, "And please, don't start saying that Colt Brennan is the savior. Please."

Which doesn't mean that he's not, but the guy has never played a down in an official NFL game. He does have a certain star quality about him, so I think the team will hang onto Colt too. Which basically just puts everybody where they were at the start of this season, but with a new coaching staff.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Kornheiser did say, "And please, don't start saying that Colt Brennan is the savior. Please."
                      Tony Kornheiser is the same guy who called Yao Ming would be a stick figure when he got drafted. Kornheiser isn't an analyst, but someone who just wants to say one-liners. I'm not a fan of people who uses a forum to say one-liners at the expense of others.

Comment

The bad news is that Washington signed QB Rex Grossman. The good news is that Washington signed back to pass goes Grossman it's a fumble Grossman.

Comment

Donavan McNabb is going to be traded to the Washington Redskins. It looks like Colt Brennan will be playing with another team next season.

Comment

draft day 2010 - McNabb - number 15

good news/bad news;
                            Redskins sent junker Jason Campbell to the Raiders, freeing room for Colt to move up.
                            The downer, McNabb is the #1 now, and Colt never even beat out the pitiful Campbell during the limited opportunities he had prior.
                            And with Todd Collins gone as well, Colt gets his old UH and preferred No. 15 back, having been a 5 for a while.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

didn't he give up #15 to McNabb?
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X