Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annoying phrases

You made me think of this one, Cyn.

"Free money" As in "you just won free money!" What other kind of money is one going to win? (I realize there are taxes AND WHATNOT, but still)

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

"irregardless..."

"May I have a minute of your time?"

Gahh! Hate 'em.

Comment

"This solar water heater will pay for itself in five years"...Good then why are you billing me?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

Cyn you could insult someone right in front of them verbally and they'd still thank you for complimenting them! LOL!
          i'm more likely to give such a person a migraine for want of a dictionary.

this reminds me of the "ink and incapability" episode of blackadder featuring a fictional version of sam johnson, creator of the first dictionary. if you're unfamiliar, hugh laurie (now of house) plays a dunce of a prince and rowan atkinson (mr. bean) is the snarky butler, blackadder. johnson boasts that he has written every single word in the english language in his dictionary but blackadder frustrates the author by punctuating his comments with obscure words.

ps. i was, by no means, trying to insult either lika or TG. sorry that it might have come off that way.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

He's just not that into you.

Comment

"This is very true". True is not subject to measures of degree; a condition or statement is either true or it is not.

Comment

"be that as it may"

Comment

Unfortunately, I absolutely hate "dakine" in any way, shape or form. If you can't articulate exactly what you want, you're not going to get it from me. I will substitute my "dakine" for whatever I feel it should be, and it won't be what you want.

Comment

Which is it, yes or no?

no yeah, or, yeah no

You hear this silliness even by on-air so-called professionals.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                      I once had someone tell me that they were a 'legal attorney' (is that like a Police Cop?). Your phrase reminded me of that. Thanks!
                      I'm afraid this is a proper term. A legal attorney is not [necessarily] an attorney-at-law. A legal attorney is someone legally appointed to a position/purpose. For instance, an estate executor or someone with a power-of-attorney of any sort.
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Re: Which is it, yes or no?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        no yeah, or, yeah no

You hear this silliness even by on-air so-called professionals.
                        Your right !!! (for you're right !!!)
                        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
                          Unfortunately, I absolutely hate "dakine" in any way, shape or form. If you can't articulate exactly what you want, you're not going to get it from me. I will substitute my "dakine" for whatever I feel it should be, and it won't be what you want.
                          That one you had best get accustomed to in Hawaii Nei. It's the island equivalent of "you know...."

K
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Whenever someone modifies the word 'unique.' As in:
                            'totally unique, so unique, unbelievably unique, more unique,' etc.

Something is either unique (unlike anything else) or it is not. It's an absolute.
                            There are no degrees to uniqueness.

K
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

heheheh

know how to catch a unique rabbit?

u nique up on it.....

Comment

Literally.
                                Used so often, and usually not in the proper/literal sense, but instead to emphisize something irrelevant.
                                Stop it.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X