Annoying phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying phrases

When, in the process of initiating a communication, a person begins with the question,

"You know what?"

Sometimes they pause and wait, briefly, sometimes they launch into a tirade of what they assume you do not know.

Well, if I knew what you were about to say then perhaps I could determine if I 'knew what' or not. How in the world would I know?

K?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Let me tell you something.

Comment

God is on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          God is on our side.
          For real?

Well, you know what?
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

One that I say too often.
            "Yeah, but..." I got teased quite a bit up in Canada once.

Now for the hearing division.
            "I'll get back at'cha"
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

God is on our side.
              I oughta clarify - leaving my personal belief regarding the non-existence of a supreme being out of it.

I can't envision "God" taking sides, especially when this is generally invoked by groups intent on finding ways to slaughter other humans. If I believed in God, I believe such a being would be saddened and/or angered by such behavior - and not particularly supportive of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                One that I say too often.
                "Yeah, but..." I got teased quite a bit up in Canada once.
                I had a friend who spoke very quickly who would start off sentences with "Yeah, but..." a lot. I'd tease him but jumping in with, "Yabbit, yabbit! Yabbit rabbit!"

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I oughta clarify - leaving my personal belief regarding the non-existence of a supreme being out of it.

I can't envision "God" taking sides, especially when this is generally invoked by groups intent on finding ways to slaughter other humans. If I believed in God, I believe such a being would be saddened and/or angered by such behavior - and not particularly supportive of it.
                  Well he got pissed off so he flooded the earth for 40-days and 40-nights. And then had second thoughts about it afterwards. I guess he was young then. Now he just chooses a select few and summons them to safety for Rapture and lets the rest of the Heathens duke it out for world domination, then he calls in his muscle (angles) and wipe the earth clean for at least another 1000-years. he had his writers write a book that told of his thoughts and concerns and in the end he will say another annoying phrase, "I told ya so", ushers in St. Peter at the pearly gates and shuts them for good.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Thanks, cw - I knew you were likely to respond in a respectful way that would make me smile, too.

Comment

Is the phrase "shots fired" as a zinger too politically incorrect now? The NBA team Washington Wizards used to be known as the Washington Bullets.

Comment

You know what is an "annoying phrases" to me are?.....

the ones that I hear now & then, when others speaks to me, & in every conversation sound like a question (on the phone), when they are actually telling me something.

Might just be a mainland thing? & I am not sure if people stopped doing that or they still continue do so.

In Example: I am going to the the store? to buy some groceries?, then go to the gym later? etc.

Oh MY Gosh!!.

If people stopped doing that, then I am glad that they did stop.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                          [...]
                          In Example: I am going to the the store? to buy some groceries?, then go to the gym later? etc.
                          [...]
                          Valley girl...

Comment

A little off topic but the other night on "Top Chef" the local guy who was enjoying himself said to the others "I can get used to to this.", wasn't annoying but made me laugh wondering if other local people were watching and caught that.

Comment

Fiscal cliff?
                              Catfishing?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                                You know what is an "annoying phrases" to me are?.....

the ones that I hear now & then, when others speaks to me, & in every conversation sound like a question (on the phone), when they are actually telling me something.

Might just be a mainland thing? & I am not sure if people stopped doing that or they still continue do so.

Oh MY Gosh!!.

If people stopped doing that, then I am glad that they did stop.
                                Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                That's possible, but it looks & sounds a little bit different.
                                Aches & Pains
                                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X