Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Bernanke

Bernanke: Recession 'Very Likely Over'

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says the economy is probably growing now, but it won't be sufficient to prevent the unemployment rate, now at a 26-year high of 9.7 percent, from rising.

HA!!! When has Federal Stooge Bernanke EVER been right as Fed Chairman?

Saying there is economic growth with rising unemployment is like saying you have more wealth with a paycut and higher taxes.

Bernanke is a laughing stock. Unbeleivable!

Re: Ben Bernanke

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    When has Federal Stooge Bernanke EVER been right as Fed Chairman?
    That would be the BUSH-appointed Bernanke of which you speak, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      That would be the BUSH-appointed Bernanke of which you speak, yes?
      Yes. But Obama just reappointed him, yes?

Like I inferred, Bernanke is not calling the shots, but he's allowing himself to be the "village fool" for the global elite that's robbing the world blind. The Federal Reserve is controlled by the same mafia that's been running Congress and the White House since J. Edgar Hoover. Just look at Bernanke's face when he's being questioned by members of Congress. He looks like a bad little boy that's been caught in a lie. It's almost comical.

I don't support Bush anymore. I've been gloriously enlightened over the last year. I'm a political atheist. A Constitutionalist, if you will. Having said that, I'd vote for Ron Paul in a heart beat. I'm certain Bush and Obama work for the same boss. It's the good cop-bad cop thing.

Comment

I don't support Bush anymore. I've been gloriously enlightened over the last year.
        How long did you support Mr. Bush? And you probably didn't give Mr. Obama a single day to clean up eight years of Bush-Cheney's poor handling of the country's affairs, did you? How bloody convenient.

Comment

Leo-

The Obama Administration is the biggest White House cry babies in history. No other Administration ever pointed fingers at the previous one as much as Obama's. Not even Clinton or Bush #1 did that to the extent we see today.

No one is blaming Obama for Bush screw-ups. He is being criticized with decisions HE is making today, like socialized health care! If you blame Bush for our current state of health care, you lose all credibility. So don't go there. If you disagree with Bush's TARP program, then we have every right to slam Obama for following through with the other half, and then some. Obama has taken TARP to a whole new level.

You criticize Bush for the Afghan war. Okay, fair enough. Then why is Obama reneging on his campaign promise and is sending more troops?

Bush refused to close the border with Mexico despite the drugs and violence coming into the U.S. Obama won't even touch the issue with a 10 foot pole. Yet, we know the drugs are flowing in from there like water. It goes much deeper than this, but that's another thread.

Like I said, they're both working for the same multi-billion $$ corporate bosses that control Capitol Hill. I hope to get through here. Take a back seat from the Obama cheerleading squad for a moment and review what has transpired with the idea that I presented. Both political parties are corrupt to the core. Meanwhile, our Constitution is eroding, and we're being distracted with all the song and dance.

Comment

Bob -

First of all, you need to look through my history of posts. You will find that I have not exactly been a "cheerleader" for the Obama administration. My attitude has long been that, as of the start of his term, "yes we can" changed to "yes you'd better."

But you are clearly one of many Americans who long supported one of the most corrupt presidencies in history, yet conveniently jumped ship toward the end when the evidence became too damning to ignore.

However, you feel justified in judging and condemning a presidency that is seven months old. If you think eight years of mishandling can be corrected and cleaned up to much of a noticeable degree in such a short time, then you need to stop ingesting so much colloidal silver and nun's urine.

You bet your @$$ that the "whining" about the Bush-Cheney years is loud; we need to guarantee that people remember under whose watch we illegally invaded Iraq, broke our international agreements regarding torture, failed to track down the leaders of Al Qaida, screwed up the opportunities to stop the Taliban, and allowed greedy business leaders to set governmental policies that led to the current economic troubles.

(Now - if I could just find a way to pin Swine Flu on 'em as well... )

Comment

[...]No other Administration ever pointed fingers at the previous one as much as Obama's. Not even Clinton or Bush #1 did that to the extent we see today.[...]
              Could be good reason for that. Possibly because it just didn't get much worse than Dubya and his administration. The Obama administration was left with a complete, utter, total train wreck.

Comment

Bernanke: Recession 'Very Likely Over'

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says the economy is probably growing now, but it won't be sufficient to prevent the unemployment rate, now at a 26-year high of 9.7 percent, from rising.

HA!!! When has Federal Stooge Bernanke EVER been right as Fed Chairman?

Saying there is economic growth with rising unemployment is like saying you have more wealth with a paycut and higher taxes. Bernanke is a laughing stock. Unbeleivable!
                Bob, first of all, I agree with 95% of everything you posted in this thread. But what you fail to realize (and this goes to topic of this thread) is that Bernanke is actually correct in this instance. Unemployment numbers are always the very last indicator of economic recovery. The first step is to unfreeze the markets and get capital flowing again. Then, and only then, will businesses have the financial wherewithal to start hiring again. So basically, what Bernanke is saying is that the economy needs to be growing for some time before employment picks up. That’s Economics 101.

That being said, it remains to be seen if the Obama administration will be able to realize the cost savings in the “waste” of private health care that would supposedly fund a public option. Sure, overhead and CEO pay is living large in the current system, but it’s hard to take Obama seriously when his own wife, Michelle, was knee-deep in that very system.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

No one is blaming Obama for Bush screw-ups.
                  Yes they are. You are not listening to Beck and his ilk closely enough.

like socialized health care!
                  So you are opposed to Medicare? Bob, I fear for your rhetorical life!

If you blame Bush for our current state of health care, you lose all credibility. So don't go there.
                  I'll go there! Bush IS responsible for the current mess as well as a whole host of other Republicans and Democrats. Right now we have one Democrat, Obama, who is leading the fight to fix it.

Obama has taken TARP to a whole new level.
                  What level would that be?

why is Obama reneging on his campaign promise and is sending more troops?
                  Afghanistan is a mistake.

Yet, we know the drugs are flowing in from there like water.
                  Because there is a huge demand for drugs in the US? One alternative is to legalize drugs and that would take care of most of the violence. I don't think anyone has a good solution other than a personal conviction not to support the drug trade in any way, shape, or form by self, family, or friends.

Matapule was sitting out on a lonely stretch of beach with a nice glass of vino at sunset the other day when a beach vendor came along and offered to sell him bongs and drugs. Matapule went ballistic (just one of his many bad traits). The vendor scurried off dropping F bombs over his shoulder. Matapule escaped with his life.

Meanwhile, our Constitution is eroding, and we're being distracted with all the song and dance.
                  How is that? I know that Pleck, Rimbarf, and their cacophonous cadre keep saying that, but they never give any reasons why they believe that. I guess just saying it is enough for them.

I don't support Bush anymore. I'd vote for Ron Paul in a heart beat.
                  Bob, two wrongs will never make a right. And you're the guy who voted for Palin, right? Okay, THREE wrongs will never make a right.

I feel your frustration Bob, but knee jerk right wing reactionism is not the answer.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Bob -

First of all, you need to look through my history of posts. You will find that I have not exactly been a "cheerleader" for the Obama administration. My attitude has long been that, as of the start of his term, "yes we can" changed to "yes you'd better."

But you are clearly one of many Americans who long supported one of the most corrupt presidencies in history, yet conveniently jumped ship toward the end when the evidence became too damning to ignore.

However, you feel justified in judging and condemning a presidency that is seven months old. If you think eight years of mishandling can be corrected and cleaned up to much of a noticeable degree in such a short time, then you need to stop ingesting so much colloidal silver and nun's urine.

You bet your @$$ that the "whining" about the Bush-Cheney years is loud; we need to guarantee that people remember under whose watch we illegally invaded Iraq, broke our international agreements regarding torture, failed to track down the leaders of Al Qaida, screwed up the opportunities to stop the Taliban, and allowed greedy business leaders to set governmental policies that led to the current economic troubles.

(Now - if I could just find a way to pin Swine Flu on 'em as well... )
                    Wow. Lots to respond to. But let me start with Leo's.

On the surface, Bush is a likeable guy. Didn't smoke, drink, sell $10,000 coffees, never cheated on his wife and groped interns, and military personnel loved him. He wasn't nearly as bad as Clinton. However, like I said, both parties serve the same global elite boss.

Second, none of the anti-bush, anti-war people could ever explain to me, or show a pattern of proof that we were in the war for all the wrong reasons. So I lay the blame on ignorant liberals who weren't educated enough to support their position. Even now, the left only has a small portion of the truth, and are missing the big picture, not knowing that the person they voted for is just as bad and worse.

I credit myself for being open enough to receive truth, and man enough to admit a mistake.

Nobody whined about Clinton selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese and framing Wen Ho Lee, who had 94 out of 95 charges against him dropped. But not before spending 2 years in Federal prison. Everyone conveniently ignored the fact that Clinton and Gore were forced to return $100K's in campaign contributions to Chinese officials at around the same time period.

Clinton was the most socially decrepid president we've had. Now we have a Marxist in the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Bob, first of all, I agree with 95% of everything you posted in this thread. But what you fail to realize (and this goes to topic of this thread) is that Bernanke is actually correct in this instance. Unemployment numbers are always the very last indicator of economic recovery. The first step is to unfreeze the markets and get capital flowing again. Then, and only then, will businesses have the financial wherewithal to start hiring again. So basically, what Bernanke is saying is that the economy needs to be growing for some time before employment picks up. That’s Economics 101.
                      I suppose Bernanke didn't have time to read these articles -
                      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32864659...sinessweekcom/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ECD-warns.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...-closures.html

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

So you are opposed to Medicare? Bob, I fear for your rhetorical life!

Let's keep this conversation mature, shall we? Socialized medicine will destroy medicare as we know it. When you throw everything in the same pot, there's less for everyone. The successes of capitalism help keep medicare in this country alive. So no, I'm not opposed to medicare. I'm opposed to medicare for all! It's the senior citizens that are causing an uproar at all these town hall meetings, not the young folk. Consider that!

I'll go there! Bush IS responsible for the current mess as well as a whole host of other Republicans and Democrats. Right now we have one Democrat, Obama, who is leading the fight to fix it.

You'd also have to specifically point out Clinton, Carter, Reagan, Kennedy and every other President down to Hoover to be fair. Don't just point out Bush. That's for crybabies and people who are unable to face truth. Obama is screwing things up with socialized medicine. What you don't know about is how Obama is moving forward with plans to force vaccinations on us, but that's another thread.

Afghanistan is a mistake.

Depends how you look at it. From the Corporate Elite, Afghan was orchestrated to bring middle eastern oil and natural resources under the control of the global elite. It started with Saudi Arabia, but the Saudi's accepted the bribes from the U.S., we didn't have to invade. I just found out yesterday, that in 2000, Iraq began selling their oil in Euros, which increased the cost to the U.S. by 17%. That was one of the reasons we invaded.

Because there is a huge demand for drugs in the US? One alternative is to legalize drugs and that would take care of most of the violence.

Are you kidding? Drugs doesn't give person a better conscience, or make them better people. Yikes!

How is that? I know that Pleck, Rimbarf, and their cacophonous cadre keep saying that, but they never give any reasons why they believe that. I guess just saying it is enough for them.

It's obvious you don't listen long enough to hear the reasons.

Bob, two wrongs will never make a right. And you're the guy who voted for Palin, right? Okay, THREE wrongs will never make a right.

Hey! Palin is ALL-WOMAN. If she had her way, all of our oil needs would be supplied by Alaska, and we wouldn't be invading other countries. We can have our cake and eat it too. Unfortunately, some of us would rather keep throwing cake at each other's faces and play the blame game. But the blame falls on us because we continue to allow Capitol Hill to distract us with all this fighting among puppets, and we're not going after the puppet master.
                        {Above in red}

Comment

Now we have a Marxist in the White House.
                          Bob, you are hyperventilating and out of touch with reality, a certified ditto head. It's statements like this that lose your audience.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            Bob, you are hyperventilating and out of touch with reality, a certified ditto head. It's statements like this that lose your audience.
                            I'm hoping we can keep this discussion civil and intellectually based. Responses backed up by facts and documented literature would be appreciated.

Take this article, for example. I don't hear any democrats screaming their lungs out like they did with Bush concerning this issue-
                            http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/200...py-provisions/

Comment

I'm hoping we can keep this discussion civil and intellectually based.
                              I'm afraid you took it off such a track from the very start:
                              ... Federal Stooge Bernanke ... Bernanke is a laughing stock.
                              Clinton was the most socially decrepid president we've had. Now we have a Marxist in the White House.
                              Neither "civil" nor "intellectual" statements.

FAIL.

Comment

Working...
                              X