X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women

Women

I want your views.

It has been a lovely day and I strolled around the art galleries. Wondering why there were so few women artists.
    The penny dropped in my mind. Women produce the most fantastic creations out of their bodies when they have babies. What could be more creative ?

Re: Women

We're too busy changing diapers and making lunch and washing laundry to paint.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

There is a MULTITUDE of women artists. Hell, here are 700 of them from past to present.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

it should be obvious to any casual student of western history that since the dawn of paternalism, there has not been a dearth of female artists, but a dearth of recognition for female artists.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          There is a MULTITUDE of women artists. Hell, here are 700 of them from past to present.
          Mahalo Tattrat.

As foa you Barry...neba mind.

Auntie Lynn, Woman-Non Artista
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            it should be obvious to any casual student of western history that since the dawn of paternalism, there has not been a dearth of female artists, but a dearth of recognition for female artists.
            Well Kanye West did make it a point to recognize Beyonce...um well in his unique way that is
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

\µ/ word. \µ/

pax

Comment

They would rather paint their nails than on a canvas.
                Oh no, You didn't!

Comment

that's all we're good for, is having babies

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                    Hang on there ! What could be more creative or beautiful ?

Sure these ladies want to paint their nails and they will get around to it when other priorities with babies are done.
                    Not being a creep but this is what makes women ,,,,,, Special
                    Last edited by Barry; September 17, 2009, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                      Can you imagine if there was an instruction manual for having babies? Us poor guys would be clueless as to what to do...Ummmm okay insert part A into Sub part B using enclosed lubricant. Oh crap I forgot to do step one on foreplay, no wonder it ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Can you imagine if there was an instruction manual for having babies? Us poor guys would be clueless as to what to do...Ummmm okay insert part A into Sub part B using enclosed lubricant. Oh crap I forgot to do step one on foreplay, no wonder it ain't happening.
                        It wouldn't matter - most of us never bother with instructions or manuals anyway - we tend to just jam things together until they fit.

Hmmm. That still follows the same line of thinking, doesn't it?

Oh, and cynsaligia's comment earlier has stuck in my head as being one of the most accurate and right-to-the-heart-of-the-matter points that I've ever read on this or any other board.

Comment

Can't beat this answer so I'll just repeat it:

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            There is. It's called the Kama Sutra.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              There is. It's called the Kama Sutra.
                              I never read that one...figures! I still managed to have lots of kids though!

Comment

Working...
                              X