Bus Numbers/Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Numbers/Routes

I'm new to Oahu and depending on the bus to get to and from work and everywhere else.

I've noticed on some buses, there is a small number on the front lower left of the bus (if you're standing in front of it and looking straight onto the bus). What does this mean? Is it a substitute bus on the same route? Should I even bother looking at this?

Any thoughts?
    THANKS

Re: Bus Numbers/Routes

No, you only need to look at the big sign on the top of the bus - that tells you the bus # and the destination. The number on the small sign is the "key" number and is pretty much for the bus company, not us riders.

It's nice to hear from another bus rider! Welcome to HT. If you have an IPhone, there is a really cool apl that will tell you when the next bus is coming to your stop. I haven't used it yet but my favorite bus driver tells me it is really good!

As a new rider, I hope you will appreciate knowing that our bus system is rated as one of the best in the country.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      No, you only need to look at the big sign on the top of the bus - that tells you the bus # and the destination. The number on the small sign is the "key" number and is pretty much for the bus company, not us riders.
      It IS for us - www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=16937&highlight=hea
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

don't see any reference to the small sign numbers. Maybe I'm not reading correctly?

by the way Ron - are YOU a bus Rider?
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Yes, 35 years worth of The Bus riding (as head ka'tunks the table top!).

The Hea numbers are on the small verticle plaques being affixed to posts at bus stops. I don't think they post the key number anywhere.

Comment

isn't being a bus rider fun? yes, I did know about the plaques at the stops. The "key" number is an internal number the bus uses to keep track of the different buses on each route. at least thats what the driver of the bus I was on told me. Those are the small signs in the front window of the bus, lower corner, next to the door.
            Last edited by anapuni808; September 17, 2009, 10:05 AM.
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When I'm in the right mood, and I can have one of my favorite seats, and nobody is stinking up the joint or being stupid, it is fun. Or at least it was that once...

Comment

Working...
              X