Either My House is Haunted or I'm Going Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either My House is Haunted or I'm Going Crazy

I've lived in one apartment before that my roommate and I were pretty sure was haunted. And my old townhouse definitely had a creepy vibe to it. It was a really bad creepy vibe. But can a brand new house be haunted?

J and I went out last night to visit some friends and left Animal Planet on for our pups. The remotes are on top of the TV (so about 5 ft off the floor). We got home around 1:30, and I realized that the TV screen had been pulled up to buy a movie. That's doesn't happen by just bumping a remote. You have to go through like 10 screens or more to get to the place it was at. I mean, it was at the "Press OK to purchase Crank, High Voltage for $4.99". But there was no way the dogs could have bumped the remote anyway. It was right where I'd left it. And when I turned off the TV, I heard a really strange metallic sound I can't describe.

I checked the whole house to make sure no one was in there with us, but we were alone.

Then this morning when I went outside with them to "go", I heard someone coughing and brushing up against our fence. It wasn't any of our neighbors, and I can see everywhere around us from our backyard, except from right on the other side of the fence. So I ran out there and looked, but no one was there. There wasn't anywhere he could have gone. I even checked the roof! And J was still sleeping. Auditory hallucinations? Or was he mad I cancelled his movie?

Anyone else have movie-buying ghosts?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: Either My House is Haunted or I'm Going Crazy

Very strange! Go out again tonight but this time leave a beer and some chips on top of the TV! Maybe call your cable company to see if any movies were watched/purchased during the hours you were out last night.

Comment

Adding to Tutusue's sound advice, add a passcode for buying movies and subscriptions. Scary!

Comment

Ya know, this situation sounds less like a ghost and more like a real person. Don't mean to freak you out with that observation, tho'! I don't do PPV so wasn't aware of a passcode feature but that's a good idea. Still, I think what I'd do prior to setting a passcode is to see if the situation repeats itself one more time, to the point of a movie actually being purchased. Of course, if the beer and chips are gone you won't need any further evidence! But before leaving for the evening be sure to wipe all fingerprints from the remote, bottle and bowl! If anything is out of place when you return, don't touch a thing. Call 911. Oh, and be sure to be in the company of other people that evening so that they can verify that you were not at home!!!

I love stuff like this!!! Well, as long as it's not a dangerous situation, that is.

Comment

Ghost.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ed+in+a+closet

This might be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Very strange! Go out again tonight but this time leave a beer and some chips on top of the TV! Maybe call your cable company to see if any movies were watched/purchased during the hours you were out last night.
              Good ideas, guys! We'll go out tomorrow. And whoever it was had a key to our house b/c the door was locked behind them

(I know where one of them was; have to call the other to check on her whereabouts)

Comment

If you have a video camera, or if you can borrow one, would that be of help?

Comment

Maybe try installing one or two of those "spy cams" like they use to monitor babysitters? Just a thought...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    Good ideas, guys! We'll go out tomorrow. And whoever it was had a key to our house b/c the door was locked behind them

(I know where one of them was; have to call the other to check on her whereabouts)
                    Does a ghost need a key to get in?
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Does a ghost need a key to get in?
                      Yes. A skeleton key.

Comment

Yeah, if it was a ghost, that was my only concern. Can a ghost just pick a random person to follow? Because one of my friends swears her step-dad has one following him. And I had an occurance of getting locked out on the patio at an apartment once when no one else was there. The pin was put in the sliding door (there was NO WAY this could have just happened by itself) and the front door was locked. My roommate had to come home from her date to let me in, and she'd left before I'd gotten home.

We couldn't figure out if it was a ghost or a maintenance man who'd been in our apartment and locked me out for some reason (the only other person who'd have a key, since they changed our locks right before we moved in). I'd gone right out to the patio when I got home. Either way- freaky!

Comment

It's rare for ghosts to manifest physical stuf without the help of a living person....
                          Not unheard of....
                          Usually spirits tend to transmit mind-to-mind, like telepathy, in dreams, meditation or distracted musings. There have been poltergeists, but usually not so sophisticated as to buy and watch movies.

This sounds more like radio-electronic interference; check with your provider.

If you think it's a real ghost, let me know.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Yes. A skeleton key.
                            DOH!!!! Man I walked into that one head on!

Comment

Personally I'm afraid more of the living than the dead. The dead ones just scare the heck outta you, the live ones take your homes, cars, kids, identity, wife...

Comment

Working...
                              X