Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

acid reflux....blah....
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Was expecting the postal carrier to leave a pkg for me today (ordered Christmas presents for family.) So I found a note in my box, requiring delivery confirmation. That means I get to try to go to the post office this week, before Christmas!

Not looking good since I am working the next two days 12hr shifts. My only hope to get this gift prior to the big day is IF the Waialua post office is open on Christmas Eve.

Otherwise they will be Late Gifts from Santa.

On the other hand, that's not such a bad idea.

This thread works. I am no longer pissed off. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        acid reflux....blah....
        Eccch. Used to be a big problem for me, too, cw. How long has it been a bother for you, and are you treating it in any fashion?

Comment

Not so much "pissing me off" but frustrating, I've been sooooooo close,
          known the location and even missed by 3 minutes on Twitter winning a gift box from Hildgund. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Eccch. Used to be a big problem for me, too, cw. How long has it been a bother for you, and are you treating it in any fashion?
            I just make sure I don't eat anywhere near bedtime and lots of Tums. I should go in for some prescription stuff but with no health insurance it'd be quite expensive.

Comment

I just make sure I don't eat anywhere near bedtime and lots of Tums. I should go in for some prescription stuff but with no health insurance it'd be quite expensive.
              Look for a PM from me later; if it's bad enough, you don't want to fool around with GERD - can lead to a pre-cancerous condition.

Comment

Thanks for the PM LL.

Comment

I feel like my depression is starting to come back. And when I went to my psychiatrist, the "PA" or whoever (equivalent to a psychologist PA) said to stay on my meds (like I wouldn't!) and read uplifting books (WTF?). She asked if I needed to find a therapist. I said I was actually open to that idea (for the first time ever), but due to insurance, was there a subsidized one I could go to? She told me to go to my church. I told her we didn't have one. She said any church in our faith would work. I more bluntly told her we didn't go to church at all. She looked at me like I was a total heathen and said too bad, so sad, and told me to try and stay positive (uh, okay? If I could do that on my own, I wouldn't need to be here, now would I?).

She's not the actual shrink, but she can see patients. I could do that too. I could do that better. I've had all the classes I need for my BS (except the math), plus the counseling minor. She's not licensed. So why can't I have her job when I could clearly help people WAY better than her. I already have to tell her what meds I'm on and have to take. She has to get approval and just brings me the real doc's RX. This lady is a quack and she's lucky I wasn't more depressed. This country is so f'd up.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I've gone thru clinical depression. After several therapists, and two psychologists, I went to a psychiatrist and she prescribed meds. And that's what it took for me to bounce out of depression. Sometimes you gotta change your meds to find the one that works for you. It helps that the MD you're confiding with understands your cultural beliefs too. It took a Korean lady to help me after several others that looked at the world in a more Western angle.

Depression is hard on the person because to others, they think all it takes is some cheering up or other positive attitude adjustment. In most cases depression is caused by a chemical imbalance. Getting that balance in order is tough. Sometimes anti-depressants help bring that balance back enough for you to start to work with external stimuli more effectively.

Hang in there SG, I know how frustrating it can get, try other meds. It took two different drugs and several dosage levels until I found the right combination and one day I woke up and it was like I found my new self.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                      And when I went to my psychiatrist...
                      It's difficult to see what makes this psychiatrist worth your time.

They should either be aware of what the "PA" is/isn't doing, or if they're not keeping tabs on their PA then they're not doing a good supervisory job for themselves or for their patients.
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                        It's difficult to see what makes this psychiatrist worth your time.

They should either be aware of what the "PA" is/isn't doing, or if they're not keeping tabs on their PA then they're not doing a good supervisory job for themselves or for their patients.
                        Thanks, Nords. The actual psychiatrist is really quite good, it's just this stupid PA that sucks. Next time I go in, I think I will request to see him instead, even if it means a longer wait time.

I think it's just time to up the dosage, Craig. This combo I'm on now is the best I've had yet, but it's the lowest dose. So I've slowly started to bump it up a bit (on recommendation of the actual dr, not the PA). It works fairly quickly, so if I'm not doing better by the end of next week, I'll call them back. But I'm feeling better today than I was Monday. Not great- but better. And frankly, if the PA doesn't understand that depression is caused by chemical imbalance, then she needs to be folding sweaters at the Gap and re-taking Psych 101. I only have those 2 math classes left for my BA in Psychology, then the rest of my licensing/clinical hours to be a therapist. I just chose to do Addictions/Rehab instead.
                        Last edited by surlygirly; January 7, 2010, 04:57 AM.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I'm happy for you SG, the meds aren't designed to make you feel like you're on cloud 9 but as you've experienced, to make you feel normal again. (This is for those who don't understand the significance of anti-depressants).

It basically is a chemically-induced attitude adjustment. Some take on a more holistic form of cure, but like any treatment results can vary from patient to patient. I've tried accupuncture and hypnosis and neither worked for me, both were administered by therapists. Psychologists only told me what I already knew. Finally a psychiatrist named Emily Kow in Honolulu had the right combination of understanding and treatment. She is Korean, I'm Japanese. Our cultural understanding of human nature were alike unlike my western therapist counterparts who just don't understand asian upbringing and expectations and our nature to be passive-aggressive (the real excuse for angry asians )

She understood those differences and analyzed me that way and was able to hit all the hot-buttons that bothered me. That along with medicinal treatment helped me stand on my feet again.

Sometimes you just gotta do drugs!
                          Last edited by craigwatanabe; January 7, 2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Stopped by the Pali lookout area for a bit after returning from Mom's in Kailua.
                            I found this jacuzzi and pile of trash just heaped over beside the road entering the lookout from Kailua-side. Uncool!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Sometimes you just gotta do drugs!
                              Not pissed off - instead, rather glad (reading this thread) that there are pharmaceuticals today that can help with clinical depression; still too many left untreated who could be helped to get through life.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                                when I went to my psychiatrist, the "PA" or whoever (...) said to stay on my meds (...) and read uplifting books (WTF?). (...) She told me to go to my church. I told her we didn't have one. She said any church in our faith would work.(...)This lady is a quack and she's lucky I wasn't more depressed. This country is so f'd up.
                                My insurance doesn't cover this either. It's like the medical profession does not recognize this as a real, PHYSICAL problem! (Either an inherited condition, a chemical balance or a result of trauma.) They must think we just make it up or something, that we were just 'bad children' with 'mommy issues.' Like it's all in our heads.
                                And there is so much misdiagnosis. A friend of mine went years talking to therapists before they finally realized he was bi-polar and needed medicine. "Think good thoughts... don't dwell on the negative." QUACKS indeed!
                                I sought help for anterograde amnesia - they told me I was just depressed. Then, after a few years we discovered my system is intolerant of SSRI's; it was hell for a while.
                                (I was never depressed, just concerned that I had CRS (Can't Remember Stuff).
                                I finally found a psychologist who actually learned his art, and we made great strides, diagnosed my condition, and got me off harmful medications.
                                It takes a lot of work to get proper help in this medical system, and I'm certain ObummerCare will make it even worse.
                                Hang in there SG, there are good people out there; I'll PM you some suggestions.

K-
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; January 7, 2010, 04:01 PM.
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X