Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Default Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    I just deal with it. I've had to for as long as I can remember. Tho it does make for some nifty free drink bar tricks. Shifting your esophagus out past your earlobe beats tying a cherry stem in knots with your tongue any day of the week.

The bathroom thing...it's jerks, drunks and chronics.

The ad strip...they pay the newspaper to be able to insert the thing, the Advertiser doesn't care if it bugs you as long as they get their coinage for allowing it to be in there. You'd be better off telling whoever is in the ad that you'll boycott em unless they get a new ad agency or flyer style.
    Hang in there!
    Boycott - I do that anyway with all irritating advertisers.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Nords View Post
    What's pissing me off is Craigslist "sellers" who don't bother to return your e-mails or phone calls. Maybe they're just toooooo busy with all their other replies to send a courtesy response-- or to take their ad down for a few days. Guess I really didn't need to buy their stuff right now anyway.

While I'm on a rant, I'm pissed off by Craigslist "buyers" who never follow up on their "Still have?" inquiries... anyone want to buy a Samsung 19" LCD monitor?
    Well there is a Rant listing on Craigslist.

Anyway it's safe to assume that if they didn't return your email, then it's probably gone to one of the multitude of people inquring especially if the price was really good, or free. But beware that in some cases Craigslistings sometimes are scams bent on getting your email address with no intention of selling you anything, like the one in Kona telling buyers that he has an extra 17" LCD monitor that is brand new but doesn't need it anymore and is giving it away. Can you imagine the number of emails he got? I wonder how much they get for each email they submit to a marketing company.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

That Linkmeister "stole" my answer in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Hang in there!
    Boycott - I do that anyway with all irritating advertisers.
    Naaah....I hang too long and my shoulders dislocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I can't stand people who won't own up to their ineptness. God damn, I'd think less of you if you'd admit that you can't do something instead of throwing people under the bus for not helping you, when no one knows what your problem is in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    wahhhhhhhhhhhh
    We can be twins, and I don't mean the Minnesota Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    The problem is, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so what happened is I hyperflexed the left knee backwards and to the left while stepping backwards off a step stool (putting up a curtain).
    It'll get better in time (longer than for you normies tho), but it'd be nice to know just how tore up it is in there.
    Yikes! I'm out of my depth. You're right, it'd be good to know that-- along with a price quote on a set of custom-fitted lightweight orthopedic knee braces.

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Anyway it's safe to assume that if they didn't return your email, then it's probably gone to one of the multitude of people inquring especially if the price was really good, or free.
    It's annoying because I smell a bargain. It's a business claiming to have a bunch of leftover photovoltaic panels from their last job. They're offering the panels at a great price (but not "stolen-property great"). OTOH it seems to be a pretty small business and not much of it at that.

You'd think they'd be saving their inventory for their next job but they're behaving as though they're either overwhelmed with scrambling for customers or getting ready to shut down the business. Either way they don't seem to be able to decide which choice to make to the point of returning e-mails/phone calls. Maybe they're frustrated because they get too many lookie-lookies who don't follow through either. Everybody loves talking to PV sales guys about the technology & savings but very few follow through.

I'm 2-3 years away from actually "needing" a couple more kilowatts of PV panels. But it's tempting to take advantage of bargains that seem to drop in your lap, especially when the only shipping cost is the time it takes me to drive over there and pick them up. Of course if the price gets even cheaper than it is now then I may be able to feel adequately compensated for the hassle factor.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nords View Post
    Yikes! I'm out of my depth. You're right, it'd be good to know that-- along with a price quote on a set of custom-fitted lightweight orthopedic knee braces.

I've gotten so I can ignore pain through meditation and a sort of self hypnosis thing I do. However if I'm shredded up in there blocking the pain is not a good thing cause there will be that much more shedding going on.

I'm not upset about anyone or anything. If I were feeling any better, I'd be TWINS!

Personal angst is a good way to shorten your life
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    I'm not upset about anyone or anything. If I were feeling any better, I'd be TWINS!

Personal angst is a good way to shorten your life

My twin died 3 years ago. I only met him when I was 10 and came from France. His name was Paul and we invented our own special language. He never spoke French and my English was feeble.
    Believe this ! we could telecommunicate. Not well but we knew what each other were feeling.
    If he was hurt in some way then I could feel the pain.
    We used to put each others clothes on and swap dates, I soon got sussed out by my accent.

Red face Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

I'm mad at myself for 'volunteering' to work 16 hours today...
    after getting off at midnight last night! Sigh, I'll get through it
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

The sound of my neighbor's yard guy weed wacking against his chain
    link fence it's quite shrill and annoying!

Ugh, I woke up to that earlier this week. It is the most annoying sound! Hope its over soon
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Exclamation Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

At first this was just weird to me, but as I think about it... it's pissing me off!
    "Thieves steal Auschwitz 'Work Sets You Free' sign"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091218/...tz_sign_stolen

WT(blank)!

Post Re: What's pissing you off at this very moment?

Well the Polish Police have recovered the sign, but it's been cut into 3 pieces?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_poland...tz_sign_stolen

Bouzouki strings.

I got thrashed up last year at Dillingham and now we've discovered I messed up a particular part of my back that's causing all kinds of pain in my back, left hip, and down my left leg. I need a series of injections to fix the problem but they're $5000 and my husband is changing jobs so our insurance ends on 12-23 and we don't get new coverage until March.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Quote Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
    I got thrashed up last year at Dillingham and now we've discovered I messed up a particular part of my back that's causing all kinds of pain in my back, left hip, and down my left leg. I need a series of injections to fix the problem but they're $5000 and my husband is changing jobs so our insurance ends on 12-23 and we don't get new coverage until March.
    Do you have sciatica?

Sciatica is one of the side effects of it. The nerve is inflammed and causing all kinds of crap.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Layoffs.

Losing six great people out of a staff of 22, just so the budget numbers look good.

Quote Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
    Sciatica is one of the side effects of it. The nerve is inflammed and causing all kinds of crap.

Ahhh...maybe the shots will help that. But until you can get them try a yoga stance that's helped me out with my sciatica.

Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart (next to a table or something sturdy if your balance isn't all that great)

Turn your toes inward so you're standing pigeon toed

Keeping your back straight, slowly bend forward from the hips..stop before it gets painful and just stay there for a bit till you feel the small of your back opening up.

Slowly come back up to a standing position and relax.

Do that two or three times to start, go slowly at a measured pace you want to stretch and open up the small of your back not exercise it.

acid reflux....blah....

Was expecting the postal carrier to leave a pkg for me today (ordered Christmas presents for family.) So I found a note in my box, requiring delivery confirmation. That means I get to try to go to the post office this week, before Christmas!

Not looking good since I am working the next two days 12hr shifts. My only hope to get this gift prior to the big day is IF the Waialua post office is open on Christmas Eve.

Otherwise they will be Late Gifts from Santa.

On the other hand, that's not such a bad idea.

This thread works. I am no longer pissed off. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    acid reflux....blah....
    Eccch. Used to be a big problem for me, too, cw. How long has it been a bother for you, and are you treating it in any fashion?

Not so much "pissing me off" but frustrating, I've been sooooooo close,
    known the location and even missed by 3 minutes on Twitter winning a gift box from Hildgund. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Eccch. Used to be a big problem for me, too, cw. How long has it been a bother for you, and are you treating it in any fashion?
    I just make sure I don't eat anywhere near bedtime and lots of Tums. I should go in for some prescription stuff but with no health insurance it'd be quite expensive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast